1970's 11ft Dunlop C-Craft inflatable

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Seaduck

1970's 11ft Dunlop C-Craft inflatable

Post by Seaduck »

Hi
I live on a 1929 Tug converted to a TSDY on the Medway.

I allways wanted a Seagull (I like my mechanical goodies preferably British built... its the same reason I own an old Land Rover Series 2)
A couple of years ago I spotted and bought a dusty Seagull Century Plus - fixed drive 4hp (1965) as a none runner from a small chandlery for the handsome sum of £49 :)
The throttle cable needs changing (the outer sleave has gone at the carb end) but all I did was replace the spark plug (the electrode was bent to one side) and change the gearbox oil... its run perfectly ever since.

As far as I can tell its 100% original :D

I know the engine with its 4 blade hydrofan + fixed drive is intended as a motor for a small 14ft (ish) displacment boat or as an auxillary on something larger, but will it be safe to use on my recently aquired 11ft Dunlop C-Craft inflatable ? (the dinghy is rated @ 15hp)

If not I'll have to buy a decent sized boat for this engine (I'm not selling it thats for sure) and find another more suitable Seagull for the dinghy, I doubt I'll find another bargain like this one :(

Neal
Bilge pumps? Nothing shifts water faster than a scared man with a bucket!
Keith.P

Re: 1970's 11ft Dunlop C-Craft inflatable

Post by Keith.P »

Not a bad looking boat , Yours I gather. :D
http://imageshack.us/f/35/dscn1665x.jpg/

Russ, tried to tell me that my Coventry Victor would be fine on an 8 footer, Its a little heavier than my 50hp Mercury. :roll:
Seaduck

Post by Seaduck »

Keith.P wrote:Not a bad looking boat , Yours I gather. :D
http://imageshack.us/f/35/dscn1665x.jpg/

Russ, tried to tell me that my Coventry Victor would be fine on an 8 footer, Its a little heavier than my 50hp Mercury. :roll:
:D I test ran my Seagull on the back of an 8ft grp dinghy, as soon as it fired I nearly went flying over the stern as it took off :lol:

That is the 7ft version C-Craft, the 11ft has a thicker transom and an inflatable keel.

Neal

This is it unrolled on deck, I know the pictures small but my computer is throwing a tantrum :oops:
Attachments
IMG0063B.jpg
IMG0063B.jpg (10.82 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Bilge pumps? Nothing shifts water faster than a scared man with a bucket!
Andy stubbs

Post by Andy stubbs »

Got hold of a 14 foot c craft last year that needs a tidy up, its built like a brick s**t house and rated up to 55 hp, when its fixed up i will post some pictures
Andy stubbs

Post by Andy stubbs »

Managed to get it in the water this year and powered it with a Seagull 40 plus and the Mariner in picture, a little sluggish with the seagull but moved it along ok for such a big inflatable as they are not the easiest of things to move in water
Attachments
006.JPG