T-S-D #3553 PUP

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: T-S-D #3553 PUP

Post by Charles uk »

This is a flywheel that is suitable for extraction with a modified 3 legged puller.

You might be better off with the open ended/ring version of these as you won't be working on new nuts.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

The coil is dead.

The points and condenser are fine.

The wheel is in the correct position adjustment of points after all the belting about now .

The wheel is now done up VERY tight so will not continue rotation.

Seeing that the flywheel will not come off no replacing coil ever. This motor will never be used more than 2 times in five years but will be shown on a transom at some stage.

External coil and battery box to get a spark is easy now that I/We know what is what.

I think neatly done and when running vid no one will Know aye?

Secret squirrel OK?

(By the way.......................I have issue #1 and Episode #1 Secret squirrel Comic)

Not that is a call to Fame.

Away on the Coast for a while sorting fishing hut out..................Catch you later.

Cheers

B

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Dragging this back in that on the 16th Jan 2015 there will be the second informal meet of the West Australian Old Outboard Club (WAOOC)

The flywheel problem that I have will be submitted for a possible peer solution.

There will be some local talent and hopefully a "Other Sider" blowing in special.

Should be a good day.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Hi B,

Unfortunately the 'other sider' (if me) wont be able to make it to this meet.

Have sorted problems similar to yours in the past by using a puller, applying some lubricant and tension and leaving over night. Following day (if not yet released) apply a little more tension (another quarter turn or so on the puller) and repeat the process as required.

If the flywheel has a captive nut and does not require a puller, then a rattle gun set to very low torque may be the way to go. The pulsations can help to free up whatever is stuck without doing any damage.

If you could add some detailed photos, I'll put my thinking cap on an provide any other potential solutions I think of. In the meantime, I'll go back through the thread to refresh myself on the situation and what's been tried thus far.

Regards,
S
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com