Anzani Triton

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

ovuorile

Anzani Triton

Post by ovuorile »

I am looking for photos of very rare Anzani Triton and Sport Twin. I cant find any where.
Cheers
Olli
AusAnzani

Re: Anzani Triton

Post by AusAnzani »

Sports Twin

RARE!

Article published by member Hugz in another thread.

download/file.php?id=9695&mode=view

Search here also http://www.britishanzani.co.uk as at one stage there was a picture of a Sport Twin in the owners gallery. The link seems to have been broken, but you may be able to find another way through.

Regards,
Spiro
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
AusOB_Collector

Post by AusOB_Collector »

Olli,

One of our chapter members has an Anzani Sports Twin currently in a shipping container making its way over to Australia.

I will ask him if he has any pictures of his motor.

Cheers
BP
Too many Seagulls to count now!

Member SOS, AOMCI,
President of AOMCI's WOOC chapter
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I think you'll find the pic of the Sports Twin that Hugz posted is an "artists impression" not a photograph, so expect the real thing to look a little different.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Yep, agree.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

In a weeks time after all the search engines have done their stuff, when you type in Anzani Sports Twin, or Anzani Triton your posts on here should appear, which will be really handy for the guy who finds one in his deceased grandfathers shed, as all of this will tell him he's found a desirable, rare outboard that is worth a fortune, way too good to sell for the £30 to £75 it really worth, ignoring all of the missing bits, it's lack of a spark & that it's seized!

Good move!
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

And why not, its happening to anything collectable, you find a rare motor in a shed and you are supposed to give it away.
So if someone finds a Marston in the shed, they should sell it cheap, as they don't or shouldn't know what its worth, because he or she is not a collector, and only collectors are allowed to make any money.
We have all seen crappy motors that you wouldn't look twice at going for silly money, do they sell, NO.
Is a Marston rare, not from the amount I have seen, it is a collectable motor, that makes it desirable and keeps up the price, I have seen rarer motors go for much much less only because its not desirable.
I go antique hunting, I find something interesting and look it up on the net, mainly for interest, but also for what its worth, so the general public is not allowed to do this.
Sorry Charles, you may have worked out I don't agree, I thought this site was about outboards, not shush, we don't talk about them on here, that was a nice money earner for some.
I have never believed in the one rule for one scenario.
:oops: Ring Ring.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I'm not really saying that Keith, the reason there are not many of these about, is that they weren't a desirable motor when new & now being 65 years old, doesn't improve them, I wonder why they only made them for 18 months.

I'm saying that everyone is welcome to what they're worth, but let's be honest about them, there is a lot of room for improvement on the cooling system, the intermediate gearbox an almost prohibitive cost to repair & the ignition is running at a stupid speed, but they do have a curiosity value.

What I'm saying is don't give them a value they don't merit, Anzani did design & build some very good & desirable outboards, the Minor, The Pilot series & the class A & B racers, that are quoted as being based on the Unitwin but only the fuel tank, sparkplugs & the transom bracket would fit on both power heads!

But the Super Single that Sharland designed in 1931 & Anzani took on in the late 40's, the Unitwin, Supertwin, Startwin, Magnatwin & Triton were never considered "state of the art" when they were new, & I'm not even mentioning the Perkins range that they acquired in 1965.