Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

Re: Why Always This?

Postby Collector Inspector » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Banta-Mag Type FW 1099 on this engine.

Clockwise or anti. P5524 (B)

Serial 176940

O.1 -O.2uf

DYOR of course for an individual application. I see nothing wrong here. There are others of course Charles.

03012017101.jpg

03012017100.jpg

BnC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just took a leaflet out of the letterbox, saying that there's no reason I can't have good sex at 65.

Brilliant - because I live at no. 49 so it's not far to walk home afterwards!

Charles uk

Postby Charles uk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm not an expert on these Bruce, but during our researching, the other Charles & I found, that seeking people that actually worked for suppliers gained us access to vast amount of technical expertise & propriety documentation, one of these that I'm still in contact with, worked for Wico Pacey, who though retired, is currently rebuilding 3 Banta Mag Anzani ignitions for me.

As the impedance on your new caps struck me as low, I called him to ask the question & posted what he said, in my previous post.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Nudge

Postby Nudge » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm

That flywheel looks almost like mine. :P This is on a "Black lable" Minor

When I got my Minor it was missing the coil. If it was still there and not working I may have had a go at rewinding it. But as I had no core to wind it on there was on point.
After a short trip on a plane to the wipac man, it came back all nice and working!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?

Collector Inspector

Postby Collector Inspector » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:32 am

Charles uk wrote:I'm not an expert on these Bruce, but during our researching, the other Charles & I found, that seeking people that actually worked for suppliers gained us access to vast amount of technical expertise & propriety documentation, one of these that I'm still in contact with, worked for Wico Pacey, who though retired, is currently rebuilding 3 Banta Mag Anzani ignitions for me.

As the impedance on your new caps struck me as low, I called him to ask the question & posted what he said, in my previous post.

Thank you Charles.

I have just gone back to Jaycar and purchased some of these.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/220nf-630vdc- ... r/p/RG5222

The reason I chose what I did was because the only reference I could find for a CW/CCW setup was from here.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pattl ... rc0126.htm

I guess that I DMOR and failed.

Maybe you could ask your contact re the base plate serial number and flywheel number I quoted?

Thanks Mate

Cheers

BnC

Just took a leaflet out of the letterbox, saying that there's no reason I can't have good sex at 65.

Brilliant - because I live at no. 49 so it's not far to walk home afterwards!

Return to “Other Old Outboards (Non-Seagulls)”