Smoke. Muncie Neptune Vs Seagull

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

Smoke. Muncie Neptune Vs Seagull

Post by Collector Inspector »

It was hot and humid yesterday so with nothing better to do I decided to try running an early Muncie Neptune that I got from the states which has been lying underfoot for ages.

OK, the smoke part. We all know that Our Gulls smoke when things are going well.

At the end of my latest You Tube Vid of the Neptune, it runs with NO smoke at all.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=c1H38kde- ... annel_page

Considering that the mix instructions on the flywheel said to feed it 1 pint to the gallon I am amazed.

Maybe the Tillotson multi jet carb has something to do with it along with reed induction matched with timed advance/throttle control etc.

Any thoughts?

Regards

C.I.
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Us Seagull fetishists have always felt that you need some compression to allmost burn your lubrication to produce smoke.

There is the fact that Seagull smoke prevents the male salt water croc from smelling the females "on heat" scent, so efficiently,that there have been no records found of any successful hatchings in the wild in the UK.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

You could have something there!

No Crocks, in Northern Australia, have EVER taken a bite out of a tinny sporting a Seagull!

Therefore, logically, blue smoke must actually calm them down.....

Statistics prove that!

Statistics can prove that anything is possible when taking this approach but.

Hmmm, maybe a Gull in the Swag next trip Outback, just to be on the safe side eh?

Why?.............Monster Carnivore Wombats Mate!

C.I.
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I suspect the point is entirely proven by the fact that in Poole Harbour - the Home of the Seagulls - there are absolutely no crocodiles, nor are there wombats of any description.

Seagull smoke has proved its worth yet again.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Has anyone ever considered that this smoke might also have the same effect on females of the human persuasion.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Yes it even works on them, too.

Even more advantages.

Mind you, they are proven to be allergic to anything metal that has been in contact with oil.

Current Primary Woman has this allergy so badly that she has felt it necessary to request that the prized 102 in the dining room should now reside elsewhere. Bless her. I shall be moving it to the living room this afternoon; we'll see if that helps.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

So that includes Sewing machine, chip pan, lawnmower, oven & handcuffs, though there is a way around this.

Charles could you ask John when he's getting the new fuel tank transfers produced to change the artwork to Organic British Seagull. built by happy fairtrade Seagull employees in their heritage location of Poole, suitable for use with Allo Vera oil.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Sorry should have said 'mineral' oil. Ladies are unaware that sewing machines are metal; that is after all why they are encased in plastic.

'Fair Trade' - love it. Is this the sort of thing you mean?

charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Regarding the above advert - I've just had the other Charles on the phone.

He wants to know 'what's a bumboatman? And have I got his phone number?'
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

What Charles P doesn't know, is that I'm going to sent this caribean gentleman around to his house, as he only lives 200 meters from the water in Poole harbour so his new friend will have somewhere to park his boat & he won't even be out of breath.
My question to him was what does it say on this fellow's job description?
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I do think one of the moderators should close this thread, it's in danger of going way off topic.....
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Think your right Charles but if you look at collector inspecter you tube you can also see his other vids, have a look at the mud boat ones.
He's got some very nice motors!
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

I was extremely impressed by your Wankel outboard.

But very disappointed not to hear it running, only see your bloody cat!
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

I had similar queries re the bumboatman

the ad that charles P posted up here would have the 'pink' press all of aquiver .....and the rest of the press in a self-induced steaming moral outrage

personally I loved it ..(and would appreciate a full sized copy)

Doubtless thoroughly well intentioned, even then, but it doesn't reeeeely help that the chap taking his ease is obviously a quintissential Englishman tugging on his pipe, whilst it's the newly liberated ...er...bumboy... is ..um....still doing the business ... <<no, I think I'll quit here while I'm ahead >>

Such an ad in todays moral clime makes my previous comments on 'regularising' Ebay bidding seem positively tame
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Must restore the P.C. equlibrium, owning polluting old outboards is probably non P.C. enough.

A Bumboat is:-

A small boat used to ferry supplies to ships moored away from the shore. Originally referring to a scavenger's boat, the name comes from the combination of the Dutch word for a canoe, "boomschuit" ("boom" meaning "tree") and "boat".

There you have it "Boomschuit" great name for my newly sorted fast racing hull. :D

H-A