twenty to fifty
16%
I've lost count...
No votes

Total votes: 19

Miky

seagull survey

Post by Miky »

I have two, both currently in the dining room, a 40+ and a silver century, it would be quite good to get one of them on the boat
Colin

Post by Colin »

mrdraddy wrote:Charles what have you started?some people have a serious seagull habit!!
confesion time:my wife allows me to keep my favourite 40+ in the dinning room!!
I don't keep a Seagull in my house, but about thirty years ago I owned a live steam model locomotive in 1 1/2" scale; a NYC 4-8-4, which in that scale, equals an engine and tender weighing about 2700 lbs and thirteen feet in length. It resided on a steel stand along the back wall of our ground level dining room.

Even today I fondly recall the scrumpteous smell of Sunday roast as it wafted across the table and mixed with the acrid, but beautiful, scent of coal and steam oil - Ahhhhhhh!
Last edited by Colin on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin

Northern Star
Vancouver BC.
rikanaka

8 but only 1 runner

Post by rikanaka »

3 Featherweights - 2 Fs, 1 AF w/o the A (no carb), none confirmed to run although the first 2 should, could be bad gasoline.

3 Forty Pluses -1 FPL, a bit tight but not yet frozen, with a Rotogull attachment that is frozen, haven't tried to get it running since purchase; 1 AFPCL w/recoil starter, which is a great (and my only) runner; 1 EFPC which is basically a parts motor for the non-moving parts only, as the moving parts are all frozen.

1 Seagull 6 (Kingfisher) - not currently running. Tryng to figure out where the gearbox oil leak is coming from and why the recoil starter cord won't retract.

1 WSPCL - haven't tried running since purchase, but very clean and should run.

So 8, but only 1 guaranteed runner! Lot's of work to do. Waiting for better weather. Nor'easter headed our way this weekend.
Katomi
Post by Katomi »

Er um just swaped a 3.5 hp SS non sea gull for an 1975 silver centery plus
so that 40 plus and the centery will now have to take turns lol the silver centery that I borrow I will have to reluctenty return to the owner not because he has asked for it back but because I keep them at my parents and my dad had kittens when he saw 4 old out boards in the garage not to mention they all were leaving behind little black oil mishaps lol
The poor wheelie bin will never be the same,
Stephen
John@sos

No of Seagulls??

Post by John@sos »

I thought I might add a note here, and started counting my Seagulls...

Well I gave up after it got silly!

There were over 50 waiting to be refurbished, another 30 to be stripped for spares and over 200 in bits all round the stores.

at this stage I thought I would have a recount:-

One!

My trusty Forty Plus CD ignition with clutch, it lives on the stern rail of our little boat and pushes along a 10ft Avon dinghy when we go creek exporing or act as safety boat for the other dinghy that we teach the kids to row and sail in...

Though I suppose I could say:-

Two, as I have a another very late Featherweight waiting for the grandson to graduate up to, with his dinghy... got to learn to row and scull it proper first! Still, he has time, he is only 7!

John
SOS
mrdraddy

Post by mrdraddy »

John,please see my wanted add, i would be happy to buy a couple of your "waiting for refurbs" .Saves you a job !! ha ha
regards paul
Rob Ripley

How many?

Post by Rob Ripley »

I only have 2, but use them both, at the same time!
Katomi
Post by Katomi »

here is a link to my silver centery plus
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/s ... 0011-1.jpg
Katomi
Post by Katomi »

Ho Hum me again I seem to have aquired yet another looking at the letters it looks like a 102 more wnen I get it home
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Now that I've got five I can't vote (see poll) :cry:

Two in the bedroom and three in the dining room... might explain why I'm a bachelor!

Cheers Hugo.
Forums are for entertainment and information.