Silver Century Long

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

phil

Silver Century Long

Post by phil »

So what do you think of this one? Always wonder why they bother with 2 photos if they are going to be almost the same. I guess the price isn't way out of line if they can show me it runs.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z293333880
Todd

Re: Silver Century Long

Post by Todd »

That looks to be a steal Phil, provided it'll run at more than 1/4 throttle. If you know what I mean...

Are you going to check it out?

Todd
phil

Post by phil »

I emailed within 5 min. of the posting for their phone number, no response yet will let you know. Yes hopefully will run flat out.
Mutineer

Post by Mutineer »

Just send it to me Phil..hahahaha
Hey maybe you can help
Is the closest thing to century exhaust in tubing available 3" is that inside or outside..i don't have one off an engine right now
And do you know the wall thickness of the exhaust tube?
...sorry for hijacking your thread
If attacked by a group of clowns
Go for the juggler!
phil

Post by phil »

Well either the guy has already sold it or he put it up then went on vacation, no response. That's how it goes at times. I probably didn't need another one anyway. I did look pretty good in the photo, though.

The exhaust down pipe is 3" inside dia., are there still any places that buy scrap metal out there where they let you wander around and pick out what you want? Failing that some place that sells metals to hobby types and small shops [do you have "Metals R Us" or some such place?][ Russel Metals would be the large supplier of odd stuff out here] might be good places to call. 3" should not be too hard to find, its the 40 series size that's difficult.