Help With Atco Boatimpeller Restoration

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Arthur S.

Help With Atco Boatimpeller Restoration

Post by Arthur S. »

I am working on restoring an Atco Boatimpeller model 804 that I believe is from the early 1950's. It is much like the one here on the SOS site under "more nostalgia".

I am trying to determine the colors used in the ATCO BOATIMPELLER decal on the fuel tank. While I was able to make out the size and font used, there was not discernable color left in the letters. Also, there were no starting/oiling instructions left on the forward side of the tank.

Any help with these items would be greatly appreciated!

:?:
Arthur

More On The Atco Outboard

Post by Arthur »

I did a quick web page on the motor I am restoring in case anyone is curious, here is the link to it:

http://www.oddjobmotors.com/atcoboatimpeller.htm

I now have the yellow paint stripped off and was able to make out the font used on the decal/transfer and the fact the tank was painted an off-white. I could not determine the color(s) of the "Atco Boatimpeller" decal/transfer. I also could not find any evidence of starting/oiling instructions. If you have one of these beasts or know how it should look I would love to hear from you.
gencybay
Post by gencybay »

It doesn't help at all but you might be interested in the following link:

http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/FIELD/006/AD531E/AD531E00.HTM

Ideas that seem to have been put aside sometimes have quite a following.

Simon
Arthur

More On The Atco

Post by Arthur »

Thanks to this message board and help from Crawford in the UK and Steve from down under, I have learned the decals/transfers for the model 804 Atco Boatimpellers were a dark green, almost BRG.

Steve sent me some great photos showing the same decal on both the front and back of the tank. I will try and post the images of my restored tank when complete. THANKS SOS!
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks for that link Arthur, that's a very interesting site! :D
Colin

Northern Star
Vancouver BC.