Holden to leave Austrailia...

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: Holden to leave Austrailia...

Post by Charles uk »

I won't be joining I don't want to have to drive a Landrover!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
The Tinker

Post by The Tinker »

Landrovers and jet-skis are on the same level we call them HOMO Chariots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Sadly, Tinker, there's no 'Like' or 'Approve this Post' button on this site...

For the Jet Ski part of your comment anyway. From this moment that phrase is part of the special vocabulary of my boat.
lakeviewlad

Post by lakeviewlad »

Hmm,HOMO chariots...? Should that be interpreted as "MAN" chariot or "Ooh you are awful..." chariot? :?
Remember,dust and dirt are the enemies of all moving parts...keep your motor clean and it will repay you!
croweater

Post by croweater »

It will be a sad day when Holden’s shut their doors but the writing has been on the wall for a long time
this decision was set in place many years ago when Holden’s started to import more and more parts
from Asia. This has been happening all over the world not just in OZ, Asia has cheap wages, no EPA,
no Work Cover, no superannuation, no Unions etc. etc. Toyota has a big OZ input into their vehicles
and most are exported (Middle East) I think there are 70 companies supplying parts to Toyota that’s
a lot more than Holden’s and Fords together. Toyota works close with all their suppliers I think they
will be here for a while, If GM and Ford did the same they would be better off and maybe still here.

1650bullet;- When Holden’s first started importing wheels from Asia there were quality problems to
the point when Holden’s asked if ROH would rework them and take their scrap ROH declined so
someone has probably done well reworking them. Anything out of balance would be scrap.

Tinker;- I would add Wake Boats with their 12” speakers.

Would I by a Korean Chev (Holden) they do make good cars it would have to be very good Nah! Will
stick with my old reliable thirsty V8 1979 International Scout 4x4 parts are easy to get except bodies,
and continue to buy a small Mazda or similar to run around town. Of course if a Holden Ute or
one tonner turns up pre 1980 I just might be able to find some room for it.

John
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

The Tinker wrote:Landrovers and jet-skis are on the same level we call them HOMO Chariots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only time I have ever seen any funny business in a Landrover, like paying too close attention to your mate, was down at a hunting convention down in the Coromandel Whitianga Whiritoa area some years back,
Seems though that the occupants turned up in a Torana and hired out the Landrover so that's the entire truth not that mature folk like us onsite here would even dare or choose to judge.
:mrgreen: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :mrgreen:
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

My Thorts

GM America have been funded or baled out by the Fed recently. Part of the deal was to get manufacturing back into America. They are doing that. GM is bringing home and not funding their overseas investments and I reckon that that is fair enough. More jobs for the American labour force making shit cars for export. That is how it goes from now on. They are moving operations out of many countries.

Ford Australia is also financed from America. Same deal applies. No more Ford as well.

Australia is a funny place as wages and conditions are forever upwardly mobile which makes our ability to compete globally a sham. Australia is the only country that wages and conditions are granted BEFORE any factored costs to production and GDP. While our water goes down the drain opposite, so does our economy run.

We are also not capable of making our own whitegoods recently..................Place closed down soon and shipped off shore........Electrolux?

Australia basically sells dirt and dinosaur farts. Australia has spent big time in advance of projected export/income in these for the next 10 years. BIG mistake as we are not competative as above and major projects in Western Australia and Queensland have been cancelled. The money has been spent by State Governments. There is no money to support what they have spent. Western Australia is now in debt up to its eyeballs and none of the infrastructure projects will be completed.

Australia has always been seven years behind the rest of the world in just about anything you could possibly think of.

It is our turn now to get what we reaped since 2008.

Watch what happens by the end of 2014 with us.

I have cash and no debt. Lots others do not living the dream last 5 years.

Based on Bankers and advice from government advisers.

Scam.

PONZI.

Cheers

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
1650bullet

Post by 1650bullet »

Whats the go with UKs Vauxhaul. Do they still make any cars from home or are they all imports