Thank very much Phil!! I got the motor!!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

cajuncook1

Thank very much Phil!! I got the motor!!

Post by cajuncook1 »

I would like to tell Phil Janz in Canada thank you very much for tipping me off regarding a British Seagull here in the DFW area.

Story: A gentleman posted a free motor to a good home on the Saving Old Seagulls forum in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Phil was kind enough to send a me PM with the SOS post link.

I emailed the gentleman and he called me back. The gentleman lives about 23 miles from me. I told him I was a member of the AOMCI national club and would be happy to give his motor a good home. He was pleased and stated he just didn't want the motor to get chopped up and sold for parts. So, I got a free motor!! It is in very good shape!!

1981 British Seagull EFNR 110

EFNR Silver Century Model 110/ Model 90

Best Regards,

David T.

Last edited by cajuncook1 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
cajuncook1

Re: Thank very much Phil!! I got the motor!!

Post by cajuncook1 »

More pictures. It even came with the original refill tank. 8-)

I'm so proud of that motor, I think will name it after "Phil" :)

headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

very useable motor these.
i've got one myself, its a model 90, but mine has a plastic tank and a charging system inside the recoil unit.

yours has an "unusual fuel line and filter". have you had it running yet?

jon
cajuncook1

Post by cajuncook1 »

Jon,

No, I have not got it running yet. Just put it in the garage today.

It has a CDI ignition and it easily gets a spark at 1/4 inch with a open spark gap checker.

I need to empty and clean the fuel tank, it has some old fuel mix in there. The owner said everything was original except the fuel hose. He had it replaced with the fuel shut off valve and the filter. It looks like the choke plate is damaged, so I will have replace that. It even came with the original Seagull refill tank.

I can't believe I got such a nice specimen of a motor. I will service her up and honor the gentleman who gave it to me by keeping it in good running condition for years to come.

I have several makes of outboards from antique Johnson and Evinrude to Scott Atwaters and an antique mercury 7.5hp rocket. I even have a 1964 SPJ Seagull. I enjoy the simple design of the Seagull and enjoy the running sound she makes!!
phil

Post by phil »

Well I'm glad you were able to get this motor, David. It would be interesting to see some close up photos of the refill tank, especially the Seagull markings.
cajuncook1

Post by cajuncook1 »

phil wrote:Well I'm glad you were able to get this motor, David. It would be interesting to see some close up photos of the refill tank, especially the Seagull markings.
Phil,

This how I received the tank.

Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Beloved model and in mint condition! You are very lucky! And maybe it's a little bit rare I think. FNR Silver Century is not that common. I was looking for a prop for the same model and it was difficult to locate one. In the end John did it of course.

I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers
S
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
phil

Post by phil »

Thanks for the tank close up, David.