Good weather for the gulls !

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: Good weather for the gulls !

Post by Hugz »

The van that every self respecting bank robber used in the sixties.
jerseydave69

Post by jerseydave69 »

That's a cracking looking Van ,Not to mention the gull . And the inflatable , which I particularly like !
What length is the inflatable ? I'm looking out for a 4.2 metre with aluminium floor.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Thank you. The boat is about 9ft. Alas it is well beyond its use by date as it is only supposed to live for 20 years and this one is over thirty years. I rather like the step at the bow to step up to your yacht... very genteel. Dripping seagulls are not the best treatment for inflatables. I must get it out and try my little FVP on her...cute.
Robin Anderson

Post by Robin Anderson »

It was more than adequately bearable on the Fowey yesterday.... Gulls very happy. Bit chillier today.
Incidentally..... what a great little engine the 40+ is. On Sunday I helped recover a friend's 17ft Sea Nymph motor boat which had sadly gone down in the moorings. We got her afloat again and then we towed her in my Avon dingy (pictured above). Two adults, lots of gear, two heavy drowned modern outboards, waterlogged Sea Nymph - the wee 40+ towed the lot in to the beach.
We took off the drowned engines and today I put the wee Seagull on the Sea Nymph and was able to motor her against the fresh wind to the slipway where we hauled her out. Proper job 40+.
Robin
"Pleiades of Birdham"
MXWQ5
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Thats a hardworking engine, nice one 8) I find the 40 plus to be an excellent little engine, even better with the clutch.
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

I can't complain about the weather!
Took the kids from Salt house boat builders to the River Head pub. It was part of the classic cruising and yachting ass. trip.

quite a few nice steam boats

I didn't get meany photos as I had to deal with a small problem while out in the harbour. I had am 8mm tube as a tell tale on our silver century (setting the boat up for the Waikato race) after about a while I noticed a bit of steam from the tube... put my hand in the stream to find it was HOT! About 30 seconds later we lost revs and stopped. Now the good part.... Having a set of ores we rowed for about 5 ~10 min. to a small sandy beach and swapped the silver out for the spare (LLS) and we where under way again.

The sick Silver!

The happy LLS

It was still a good day, by the time we where home the silver had cooled down and was all happy again.
The lesson here is dont change things that dont need changing.... It is not that hard to turn your head from time to time to see if the water is still flowing!!!
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Nice looking river, reminds me of the River Orwell downstream of Ipswich where I sail 8)