My motor

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: My motor

Post by Charles uk »

What class was that designed to run in James?

I had to run "unlimited" with only a water cooled head all the rest was Seagull, half 170 & half 5R & home made head, standard 170 crank case with a bit of welding & well stuffed.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
doppler491

Post by doppler491 »

It's Andrew. We built this for the unlimited class as we wanted a real Seagull to be faster than any Sport with pipe, etc. However, with JJ's planing hull we will need something similar if we want to keep up with him. We did the Ironman a few weeks ago in about 1:40 including a stop for fixes on South Shore so with a few minor tweaks we should be able to break 2 hour barrier (or come very close) in this year's RISR as planned.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Looks like I've got some work to do Andrew!

Do you have a copy of the current Bermuda unlimited rules, that you could email me, as I thought I was stretching them as far as I could go with my blue one.

From that poor picture you seem to be getting away with a lot of parts that never had an Poole stamp in their passport!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
NaughtyBits

Post by NaughtyBits »

Charles, Here's the latest from 2015's RISR entry form -

"An UNLIMITED engine is defined as an engine that may be modified above and below the waterline and may include after-market parts including carburetors, expansion chambers etc. Cavitation plates and non-Seagull props are permitted. Eligible for Class Position prizes for F CLASS or G-3 CLASS."
doppler491

Post by doppler491 »

Charles, any plans to come back this year and do the race again? We've ironed out a few kinks and are now +600rpm from when we raced in the Ironman. Looking forward to seeing what we can do in a few weeks..