Adrian Dale Health

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

allegra
Adrian Dale Health

Post by allegra »

Hello everyone, Adrian says quote, 'silly old bastard has had a stroke and now he's worse than he's ever been..
Even the task of winding the starter cord onto the mag is beyond him'. end quote.

Events as they unfolded, last sunday after a a cracker of a ride on our Sealegs, he washed and put the boat up, took an hour rest in preparation for guests to come and visit for nibbles. Up, into a very hot shower at 4.30, as he allowed himself to become very chilled off shore. Next, I heard muffled sounds and found him clinging soaking wet onto the bathroom basin counter. Tried to get him on the floor safely, he hit his head on way down and cracked the joinery... Texted guests and requested they open main gate and standby there, one guest just happened to be a nurse and came straight away, I carried on with organising the ambulance. Given our location and the stroke critical time period of four hours for essential infusion to blast the clots, he was choppered off island approximately 2 hours later, still in time. I managed to catch the last ferry at 19.00 and a friend was at hospital providing admissions pertinent details so I wouldn't have to wait up to 2 hours. Infusion in, with 20 minutes to spare, into ICU for 36 hours, into private room.
His speech is amazing, cracking humour and engineering brain resolving our Tasmanian Bass Link and hydro electricity issues! He face on the left look normal, he can feel that side of his face, ear and today he just announced he can feel his left leg down to his knee. From me to you, he's a ripper and will not be put down, thanking the universe the Bass Strait crossing never happened, he would be dead for certain.

From him to you all, if anyone has had or knows of family or friends having suffered a severe stroke and have words to offer, he looks forward to your input.

My FaceBook page is allegra biggs dale, or allegra.dale I'm posting there daily with updates.

Thanks everyone, Allegra and Adrian
Collector Inspector

Re: Adrian Dale Health

Post by Collector Inspector »

Sorry to hear this as not good news at all.

I believe that I speak for everyone in conveying our encouragement to you all. Adrian was lucky indeed that He was in the right place at the right time........for the wrong reason yes.

If Adrian is being as brave as you say and engaging in wit and conversation I believe that all will be well.......maybe different in the future......but He will bounce back I am sure.

Regards and good wishes for a speedy and full recovery Adrian.

My support-thoughts are with you all.

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend,

God Bless you both,

Rene
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

That's why most of my motors have recoil starters!

Our best wishes to both of you!

Your acting Captain now Allegra, let's hope your crew is not too mutinous.

Anything we can do Email.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Sorry to hear about Adrian's problem. Please pass on my very best wishes and hope he gets well soon. It sounds like he will not let a thing like this hold him down! As you say he is a ripper! We are all thinking of him here.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

May Adrian have a fair wind for a full recovery.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Absolutely gutted......

In my thoughts

Jon and shipmates. :cry:
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

My thoughts are with Adrian, and I wish him the same fortune and speedy recovery from his stroke that I had when I had one a few years ago. It sounds as though everything was done that needed to be done on time and on target and that he is in the best of hands.

Good luck!
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Get well soon Adrian.

H A
jerseydave69

Post by jerseydave69 »

Get well soon Adrian. I'm sure you will be back giving it your all again very soon.
Take care, and speedy recovery .

Dave
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Definitely not the kind of news we like to hear, hoping for a speedy recovery, all the best Adrian.
truant

Post by truant »

Very shocked to hear about Adrian, I certainly hope he has a speedy recovery, I was looking foreward to catching up again at the Woodenboat Festival next February in Hobart. Very best wishes , Garry.
THCL500J8

Post by THCL500J8 »

Just Stunned to hear about Adrian.
But most relived to hear that every thing is going very well, and he, being the tough old Sea Dog that he is, will i know with Allegra's steady guidance be back at sea in no time. All the best from me, and the Tassi EFNR.

Andrew & Evelyn
TC - 1960 LLS - 1961 LLS - 1966 THCL - 1968 EFNRL - 1986
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Hi everyone.

I've just had a pm from Allegra.
Dont panick, nothing bad has happened.
As you can imagine she is a bit snowed under what with travelling back and forth to hospital every day.She's had to relocate to Hobart for now to make things slightly easier for travelling. I have it on good authority that Adrian doen't like hospital food one tiny little bit :lol: :lol: and that he will shortly be moved into the private sector for more care.(Allegra's orders)
Allegra would like all further messages to be directed to private email as she simply doesn't have the time to troll through SOS for updates.
She is however updating regularly on facebook so if you wish to send A-J a message there you can :P

emails to be sent to
allegra@ozemail.com.au

Facebook messages to be sent to Allegra Biggs Dale

From all of us here on SOS we wish Adrian a speedy recovery

Jon
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

just read this. our best wishes to adrian and his family. we are thinking of you. sir.
garry and family.
the animals are winding me up