New to forum

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Still trying

New to forum

Post by Still trying »

Hi all, came across the forum for the first time yesterday and had to join so much good information and laughter shared. Have got 2 x 40 plus 56 model and 77 model both running well had the 77 model for a couple of years and use it regularly. Picked up the 1956 40 plus and a 1958 100 century a couple of weeks ago plus a huge crate of spares for an extra $50 . The old 40 plus is a runner but the gearbox is shot on century, main drive shaft has had it. I have 2 good clutched gearboxes among the spares and one is from a 100 century plus. Is it possible to match the clutched box to the 100 century I have the clutch lever brackets and some rods in the spares but the cooling line is external on the good box and internal on the old one. Can this be done without butchering the leg to much? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Oh! how do you put pictures on the message can't figure it out for the life of me. (haven't caught up with the tech world so well :roll: )
AusOB_Collector

Re: New to forum

Post by AusOB_Collector »

Hi!

Welcome to the forum. I think maybe some pictures of your motors will definitely be in order; talking about having them in your post, you can either upload the picture to a hosting site on the web like photobucket, and then just paste the url link into your post.
You could also try going to the 'attachments' tab at the bottom and clicking add files and then just add the pictures that way.

They seem like a good score all up! Whereabouts in the world are you? Australia I presume with the $...

Could you please send me an email regarding your 40+? I am collecting data on this forum specifically for the SJP prefix motors, which I suspect your one is.
If you could email me at
ausobcollector (@) gmail.com
I would be most greatful.

You should be able to just change out the gearboxes on your century, but if you are ping for the clutched replacement you will need th shift handle, the actual rod and a mounting stud for the shift handle to sit on.
Can you elaborate on what you mean with the water cooling pipe is on the outside for one of them?

Cheers
BP
Too many Seagulls to count now!

Member SOS, AOMCI,
President of AOMCI's WOOC chapter
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of expertise and banter here. Sounds like "Cooling line on the outside" means it's actually a 102 bottom end.
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

warm welcome from n, wales. welcome, garry
the animals are winding me up
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

Hi and thankyou it's great to get replies and feedback after my first post. Thankyou Oyster for the info on the 102 box (never would have known. Hi Garry and thanks for the welcome. Ausobob I'll send you info on the SJP for your records.
cheers AND THANKS.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

:P
My ears always "prick up" at the mere mention of a 102 these days.
Welcome aboard

(and yes the others are right) pictures helps a lot

Jon

ps, your older 40 plus could always be an LS as its that sort of age.
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

This is another attempt to post photos. :oops:
20160502_122534.jpg Seagull.jpg
20160502_122534.jpg Seagull.jpg
hope this works
cheers
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Sorry no, are you clicking on the attachments and the add file option.
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

Yes that's what I'm doing it's obviously wrong can you tell me the right procedure please.
cheers
AusOB_Collector

Post by AusOB_Collector »

Hi Rob

Thank you for your email, I'll send a reply with the other things I need ASAP.

OK, regarding posting pictures.
I've taken some screenshots of the process I go through sometimes to post pics on here.

First, click on the 'attachments' tab.

Second, click on 'add file'

Choose the file you wish to add and click 'open'

Wait for the Status to come up with a tick

Then it should work... :mrgreen:

Cheers
BP

Edit: it seems like the pics below are out of order... hopefully you should get the gist!
Attachments
Wait for the tick....PNG
Select file.PNG
Attachements tab.PNG
Attachements tab.PNG (5.14 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Add files.PNG
Add files.PNG (11.33 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Too many Seagulls to count now!

Member SOS, AOMCI,
President of AOMCI's WOOC chapter
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

Your a champion! Thanks for the tech advice I think my computer is steam powered as every thing takes so long to happen. First pic is the 1958 100 minus the box and the 1977 40 Plus that I use regularly and the electric I use on the kayak cause I'm to lazy to paddle but we won't talk about that. If you have a close look you can see the 102 gearbox ( thanks Oyster) with the metal impellor in amongst the mess which I thought was a 100 plus box :oops: . I have a lot of research to do regarding the parts. :cry:
20160502_122608.jpgseagull.jpg
cheers and thanks for the help
will have to stoke the boiler under the computer and send a pic of the older 40 plus in another post
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

Whoops electric wasn't in that last post( wrong photo ) This is the 1956 model ( found out thanks to SOS) SJP 40 + only had it for 2 weeks. Have run it in a tank pumps water and leaks heaps of fuel from a dodgy fuel tap but I can live with that for now. Hope to get a chance to put it on the tinny this weekend for fish up the river.
Cheers
20160505_182006_resized.jpg