PHOTOBUCKET RANSOM - BEWARE

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

AusAnzani

Re: PHOTOBUCKET RANSOM - BEWARE

Post by AusAnzani »

fleetingcontact wrote:Dear all

Just goes to show what happens when you get involved with some crapola app. Never did like them, never will. The kids are not all right. In fact most of them are bang wrong...
Everybody who has a web account has some level of server space to host your own website so all stuff like that can be linked, shared, downloaded etc. But in the end the only solution for stuff you cant bear to lose is a backup and maybe a copy of a backup.

Loved the pic though, can I have a copy of it please Hugz? It is so wildly un-PC! I'll PM you my email address. Email is so last year...
I hear you however I have been using Photobucket since approx. 2001 or 2002. Since then, it has proven to be extremely reliable, in fact I'd go so far as to say far better than any of the other available options.

A recent change to Photobucket terms is what has created this issue. Previously linking to third party sites was free, now it is charged. Whilst this has caught everyone by surprise, Photobucket has not closed off any user accounts, nor have they deleted pics. In that respect all is as it was, the pics are there and can easily be downloaded. We just cant see them on the forums anymore, unless user accounts are updated (paid) to allow 3rd party linking.

Note, I am not defending Photobucket. Just trying to set the record straight.

Regards,
S
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com