Seagulls, Life and everything else.

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Gannet

Seagulls, Life and everything else.

Post by Gannet »

The forum seems quite quiet at the moment - perhaps it is just the silly summer season. So, here are some silly thoughts.
What will the future bring to the Seagull world. In say, 20 or 30 years time, when most of us retirees have other priorities ( if any at all!)? I know that we are not all retired, but I suspect a sizeable proportion of us are, or nearly are.
With sweeping generalisations:- Will the present 30 year olds have any interest in Seagulls? Will they know one end of a spanner from another? Indeed will they know what a spanner is? Will the concept of having a hobby be completely alien to them? Will anything apart from playing with their various devices attract their interest? Will they even be able to consider how things work and what materials they are made of? Will we as a society have the time and wealth ( even ignoring the disaster of Brexit) to spend on pastimes?
Just a few thoughts whilst being idle on holiday.
Jeremy
tambikeboy

Re: Seagulls, Life and everything else.

Post by tambikeboy »

Very interesting thoughts Jeremy I've just fueled up my truck and whilst waiting to pay witnessed a young Swedish girl pay for her fuel with a electronic chip injected into her wrist so your quess is as good as mine what the next 20/30 yrs will bring might even get to help Charles uk with some more height to hadrians wall. :lol: but I know I'll have a few seagulls tucked away down in the time capsule I suspect that the grand children won't even bother to lift them... :lol:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Sandro Picchio

Post by Sandro Picchio »

I am slightly optimist: my four male greatchildren (12 to 18) like to repair or modifie motor and push bikes, often doing unnecessary damage but always learning something. I agree not all teenagers are like minded.
We 'll see.
Sometime I wonder what will be of all my old gear, wheeled or propellored, after my sons.

Never mind, let's go boating until we can.

Sandro
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

:lol: Thought you'd like this one Jeremy the wee china at 4 now 6 and still enthusiastic about tool's and what there used for.. :lol:
Attachments
20190809_080929.png
20190809_081453.png
20190809_081527.png
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Your starting to frighten me Tam!

Your grandchildren are trained to use spanners & are aware of the benefits of penetrating oils.

I think we'll have to get Blondie to pledge some mythical money for the Hadrian's Wall refurb fund, though I hear some of your country men are very large contributors, they're scared of getting inundated with economic migrants escaping the self inflicted chaos to your south, over Halloween!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Rob Ripley

Post by Rob Ripley »

And will we have still have petrol by that time ....... or be able to use it in an i/c engine ..... and EP140 ?
Sandro Picchio

Post by Sandro Picchio »

Very good Tam!
For sure a future engineer, and a very strong one!

Sandro