Main yacht auxilliary?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Barttery charging circuit eh?

They do exist in the Seagull world, you know.

My Kingfisher has one, so does my 170. Mt Model 75 (Grrrr!) wsa destined to have one - a chap up the road has one in its box and I've got very close to prising it from his hands.

Even the old Marstons had one available, but maybe only good for a trickle.
niander

Post by niander »

Get a 102 with chrome exhaust take off that knackerd chrome and polish the brass underneath!....:)... loverly!
Waggles

Post by Waggles »

Thanks niander, like I need encouragement! :lol:

Charles, yes I was kind of aware, I noticed at the bottom of one of the Marston ads in the SOS site that they were available with 6v 'electric light' for 15 bob ( or similar amount ) but never actually seen one. Am intrigued, where on earth does it fit?
Geoff Uphill

Post by Geoff Uphill »

Waggles - if you are interested in Inavader stuff - take a look at my site,
http://www.geoff.rich.btinternet.co.uk - on my Invader 'Lena'.
My e-mail is on the site - feel free to get in touch if you want any info.

With regards the seagull - I've just picked up a Silver Century longshaft as an aux - so once I'm back afloat I'll post some info as to how it performs on the invader.
( thanks to john, now has a new gearcase top cover - re recent posts )

I have an inboard 1GM10 - but with an outboard as an'only' engine - I'd be wanting a remote tank. Filling in rough conditions is a not ideal. Just a thought ...

Will seagulls take a remote tank - anyone ?
Waggles

Post by Waggles »

Hi Geoff,

Seen your site and followed your progress 4 a while. Did try and mail once but it bounced back as unknown at BTInternet. Perhaps you could PM me your mail address?

Good point re refueling. ( There was a remote refueller I understand but never seen one, see Refueller topic under 'Wanted', they are rare! ) would imagine it would be possible to connect a second tank via a modified filler cap of some sort. Alternately I could make up a new flexible fuel line from large tank direct to carb. Would be wary of having too large a tank too high as the extra pressure might flood the carb if the needle valve isn't 100%

I had also thought I would want a long throttle cable too ( not too long on the invader )
Geoff Uphill

Post by Geoff Uphill »

Waggles - thats odd, will check it out. I'll pm you my address. Someone else said the same recently.

Just out of interest - I've just found
http://www.whitworthspanners.com/product81
Good price for King Dick, and has the 90deg offset 1/4 - 5/16th included - £10 the set !
they also have whitworth 1/2 drive socket sets.
Waggles

Post by Waggles »

Spookily enough I had just ordered a spanner set! ( How did you know Charles? :lol: )

On the subject of fuel I came across the following, they do a few sizes. Obviously not as good as a remote tank but an easy refueling option. Guess you could always paint it black and put a seagull tank transfer on it or something :wink:

http://www.lodestardirect.co.uk/#653X707
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Remote tanks were available on the 170, 5, and QB series - they had a fuel pump either as an option or as ready fitted. None of the other Seagulls had a pump.

The Seagull refueller was basically a long range 102 tank, but with legs rather than threaded studs, and it had a pipe that fed down the breather cap of your Seagull. Tipped up when required, it topped up your tank, and was actually quite a good thing. They come up on the bay fairly frequently, usually when you don't want one.

I'm looking at one as I write, but my camera is nowhere to be found.