help wanted

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

headdownarseup

help wanted

Post by headdownarseup »

Yep, i'd like someone to assist with my 102 data collection.
Ideally i'm looking for somebody with plenty of time on their hands (a retired gentleman perhaps) and willing to travel around the country visiting museums, libraries, public records offices etc.

PM me for further details as there's far too much to explain on here!

Here's hoping!

Jon
headdownarseup

Re: help wanted

Post by headdownarseup »

No takers then!

It's not that scary.......honest! :lol:

Jon
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I did suggest you concentrated on registering SDs I recall..
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

I'm doing that too! Making some progress with the wartime register, although not as fast as the later 102's.
Busy busy busy, all the time busy.

I'll come clean. I DO actually have an assistant working behind the scenes (and nothing to do with SOS) sending 100's of emails every month to various museums,visitor centres,public records offices etc.
It's more the leg work i need help with. The reading of microfiche slides and recording info that i'm struggling with. Can anyone help here?

Not too much info coming back in at the moment, but still progress never the less.Little by little the pieces are fitting in somewhere.

Jon
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Not worth very much data as I have seen this motor.

There is no idea at....

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct= ... 17&cad=rjt

The above link may or not work.....sorry.

They have an email which is not really taken seriously but give it a go.

reception@museum.wa.gov.au

They have had my details for nearly ten years..................not a sausage.

Cheers

BnC

PS: Cello Ship Cat has just turned 16!......Bless.
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Yep, not much to be had from this lot really.
On a slightly different tack, i've had my name on various mailing lists from all sorts of museums,universities, public libraries etc. for quite some time now. A gentle nudge sometimes yields a few results, but i find you have to keep on at certain people just to keep moving with some areas of research.
I'm sure we've all been guilty of this at some point in our lives. I'll do it later......

My "assistant" quietly works away in the background sending god only knows how many emails every month.And before you ask, NO it's not my wife.She's far too busy being a mum to the HDAU household :lol: . I've also made a couple of interesting contacts in the Ministry Of Defense recently which might turn something up with regards to the wartime era and possibly a little bit beyond. Time will tell.
Little by little things are moving (albeit slowly) in the right direction.

Still, i keep on keeping on with it. 2 and a half years into this now and a fair bit has been learned already.Some of it we already knew and some we didn't.

Wow, 16 is a good age for Cello. My last cat went on till 17 before she suffered a stroke and went all of a sudden. We've now got 3 more to fill the void and they're 5 now, along with the dog who's a big softie anyway.Funny things pets.We'd be lost without them though.

Jon