170 Throttle Cable

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

andrew
Site Admin

170 Throttle Cable

Post by andrew »

realise these are few and far between, but on the off chance anyone has any new/used spares lying around I am looking for two ideally. Thought I'd try 1) asking around for spares before 2) asking someone to make/repair them before 3) actually being bothered to make/repair them myself :)

Thanks!
Charles uk

Re: 170 Throttle Cable

Post by Charles uk »

Collect all the bits of yours, & take to your nearest "old fashioned" bicycle shop, their mechanic if he's over 40, should be able to make you one in less than 10 minutes, it might not be the right color outer, but it should cost a lot less than the shipping & duty from the UK!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hi Andrew - Charles' fix woud be the quickest and cheapest, but I have a new-old-stock 170 cable and a used one with a cracked in the outer casing - presumably where it passes through the base plate.

£15.00 for the new cable, and you are welcome to the second one FOC. I would only know shipping costs at the point of mailing them do you have a Paypal account?

Would your Customs consider the items to be WMD's?

Rick
andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew »

Thanks Rick! I will try the local bike shop and if no luck thereI will get back to you.
andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew »

Cables arrived today, thanks Rick!