sd on ebay

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: sd on ebay

Post by Hugz »

Flakey wrote:Hello all.It's me that's selling the unrestored Sd on E-Bay. Hugz got in touch with me for more information and I said I will post some more pictures on here for him. I will do this tomorrow when it is light. I have had to re-activate my account, so sorry for the delay. Kind regards Flakey, Metalflake11 on ebay.
Hello again!

Here is the link to your motor so others can see it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292193311053?ul_noapp=true

Cheers, Hugo.
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Welcome to the forum!

Looking at the shiny SD on eBay more closely you can see that Jon is right with this one, I find it odd that you would change all those bits for probably no reason, also why would you remove the original throttle lever to replace it with a later Amal one.

Maybe Pat is right and it isn't the same SD, shame you cant see the serial number.

Jacob
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I believe the Red motor is a different one to the sold on SOS main site. The main common component is the skeletal bracket but that is different too. Have look at this original locator pin on SOS one..... rather cool! Besides I don't think John would put all his sold motors onsite 8)
skeletal.PNG
pat777

Post by pat777 »

Hugz wrote:Besides I don't think John would put all his sold motors onsite 8)
That sounds like some secret insider information there Hugz! Do share.....
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Very interesting before and after pictures, Slight problem, you cannot have the same motor with two different serial numbers. :lol:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

So that's that then, it's a different motor obviously. :roll:

Just goes to show you EXACTLY what Hugo and myself are up against here if we've any hope of getting some accurate data together.

Jon
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

It is those wee leprechauns leading us down the garden path.....
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Just goes to show you EXACTLY what Hugo and myself are up against here if we've any hope of getting some accurate data together.
So have you have some data still Jon? where is it ? we are still waiting to see what you have!
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Jon didn't you say you'd finished as you'd "had enough" over 3 months ago?

Or is "tonight" like tomorrow it never comes?
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

What exactly are you and Hugo working on? I know what Hugo is doing...he has shared what he has found out. It would be good to see your findings.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Charles

Not finished as in chucking in the towel for good, but finished as in stopping doing any more research for the forum (for now anyway).
I shall still be doing my thing behind the scenes with all of this. (just not making it public)
With 2 pairs of eyes looking at the same things i feel there's less chance of missing anything. Hugo quite clearly has more time to spend on this than me. I do what i can but with work commitments of late i'm just here to mop up the left-overs.

As for the rest of you i REALLY wouldn't get too excited about the data just yet. I can see bitter disappointment coming soon when you might have thought there would have been something special in there. Well sorry to say there's nothing special in there that you wouldn't already know.

Patience ok. IT'S COMING

Jon
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

AND another one has surfaced!

A bit like buses all of a sudden :roll:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/seagull-colle ... 1438.l2649

Jon
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Pigola's comments are getting more valid day by day!

We are growing too negative on here, let's try & be a little more positive, & not try to tear every Ebay vendor, a new sphincter!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Ok then no comment.
Any of you wonder why this forum is so dead, a sheep I'm not.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I don't post pictures or discuss some of the more interesting things i have as it seems some just need to pick faults etc I am fully happy that some items wear bettter than others and an upgrade over the years is acceptable I am sure it probably depends on if you need shiny show case engines or a reliable way to get to your lobster pots daily
Personally I think we on this forum should offer advice, guidance and perhaps a slant towards originality. We all know seagulls often end up with a mix of bits, but let's look at how how we can sometimes appear to newbies..