Rich mix with fixed jets?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

rosbullterier

Rich mix with fixed jets?

Post by rosbullterier »

Gentlemen, further to your gratefully received interest in replacing the Seagull ignition system with isolated condensor/coil/battery (which I had seriously considered and could be easily neatly fabricated inside a waterproofed plywood box located on the back seat in front of the transom) to give a guaranteed strong running spark and provide easy starting.
Well - I have bitten the bullet, there is sufficient Seagull electricity to start the engine, although the optimum performance after hours of river trials is with a 20 thou points gap and 40 to 50 plug gap - so the extra hole drilled through the points pedestal for the cable is now siliconed up.
But the plug is black and sooty with an Amal twin jet carburettor and the engine is a bit rough until full throttle and a little below performance even then!
Incidentally, to show my desperation, I have purchased another Silver Century which does run smoothly - but but next year my 11' catamaran could run two Seagulls!
Am I sad or what?
chris

Post by chris »

I am not to sure as to weather to make a comment as all of my seagulls run extremely well.
I think it might be a good idea to by another one and also buy a small trimaran and run 3 of them at once.
If this works you could sell it to an swampy mosquito infested area run them to less than 10/1 and the population will thank you forever for the problem solving IF they can find their way out through the seagull 2 stroke smoke screen so as they can shake your hand.
I hope this helps :twisted: :lol: