Seagulls on the Murray

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

jonmac

Seagulls on the Murray

Post by jonmac »

"Croweater" has just sent by post, two USB memory sticks of all the photo's taken on the marathon trip along the Murray. I spent an enthralling time this afternoon (after the cricket was over), going along for the ride. Some really incredible and majestic shots of the river and it's surrounds, including wildlife; from the start at Yarrawonga to the final destination at the Murray mouth.Thank you so much to Greg and John for sharing their adventure. . . jonmac 8) 8)
Rob Ripley

Re: Seagulls on the Murray

Post by Rob Ripley »

Many thanks to John, Greg, Moose and Pat from me ... it brightened my day !

Problem is .. what challenges are left ?
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Will these photos be on display?

What happened to the third boat? Did it make it into the water?

Great effort.
Rob Ripley

Post by Rob Ripley »

I did see a couple of pics with the three of them on the water, but best leave a better reply to crow eater.
croweater

Post by croweater »

What challenges are left..? There’s a few and the Murray River will always be there I would like to do it
again when my leave builds up again just not so quick 40 days or more next time. Moose & Pat are hoping
to do the section that they missed (670 km’s) in April depending on conditions.

The Third Boat did join us but Mark was unable to get his leave extended and opted for a modern motor a
6hp Suzuki which seemed a good match for the boat even with a modern motor he had a few problems water
pump, running aground etc. he left us at Echuca.

Jonmac & Rob only got some of the photos and they would have taken over a couple of hours to view too
many to post here. The logs and photos are being sent to Buzzook so be patient and let Mark try and sort
it out first, maybe at the next nationals we could show them.

Mark's Boat 3 at Swifts Creek Camp Site 1778km

John
skyetoyman

Post by skyetoyman »

I have the same engine (6hp 4stroke suzuki) and had a lack of water out of the telltale - proding with a very small allen key sorted the problem . now flows jet like - nice engine but nothing like the flow of a seagull - that's ideal for handwashing.
Attachments
sits well on my 14footer
sits well on my 14footer
LLS c 1961 on a crescent 42 boat c 1980 + wspcl c 1976 + 102 SD8561 c 1944 + 102 ACR 1948
croweater

Post by croweater »

The Crescent 4.2 looks like a good all-rounder the Seagulls would be at home on the back of it as well. I went for a
run with Mark at Echuca it pushed the boat quicker than I expected I did think it was noisy for a new 4 stroke, hope
my boat looks as good as Marks after a repaint.

John