Not really a seagull ask, but...

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Mark
Not really a seagull ask, but...

Post by Mark »

Does anyone have a contact breaker set for an Anzani Pilot? (or even a spare armature plate complete with all igniton bits). Just on the off chance...
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Mark - I might be able to help - will be a few days before I can stooge around, I'll get back to you and let you know. Rick.
Mark
Post by Mark »

Potentially fantastic - many thanks for that. Fingers crossed.
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Mark - there were two or three different magneto setups for Pilots - the first breakdown is whether you have Miller ignition or the later Wipac setup. I don't recall that the Miller setup was marked anywhere, but on ;ater Wipac units the name is certainly on the flywheel and probably elsewhere around the magneto, so the first question here is which style you have. Then I think the early ones had a slightly different points type - still Miller, so probably interchangeable with the later Miller types.

By early, I mean Pilots with an just an aluminium tube as the drive leg - later ones all had a cast aluminium drive leg, so which type of leg does yours have?

Be simpler if Anzanis had a known numbering system such as Seagulls - at the moment there is no known way to decode the Anzani serial numbers! Rick. PS. where abouts in the country are you? Be a lot simpler if we are around the corner to each other!
Mark
Post by Mark »

Hi, I can't see WIPAC marked anywhere, but the Pilot does have the thicker leg (later model).
Collector Inspector

Anzani Pilot Ignition

Post by Collector Inspector »

Replacements for these are few and far between these days. Unless you have heaps of motors from which to "Borrow" ignition bits from now and again you are stuck.

However, there is a simple solution which has worked well for me in the past.

If your coil is sound then purchase an electronic module from a lawnmower. I use Victa ones as they are readily available here in Australia. They also fit Briggs engines. ByNorm part number 340-040. Replacement for Victa CEM MA05817A.

They also get Seagulls running but do not let anyone know. Actually ANY two stroke for that matter.

They are similar to Atom Ignition but much smaller and efficient. For best results use a timing strobe light when setting timing. You may have to measure BBTDC and mark a flywheel timing mark etc.

By the way, Anzani Pilot ID can be found cast into the lower crankase under the transom clamp pivot where the tourque tube is inserted and retained by two fasternners. Month of year is obvious last 4 numbers. I do not know about the later cast leg models. I have a few but have not had them apart.............yet.

Wish I could post a pic for you.

Regards

B