Need an opinion

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Still trying

Need an opinion

Post by Still trying »

Hi I need a wider feed back. Spent Sunday tidying up the 100 century for paint job. Block had old silver paint on it so that had to go, done. Moved to tank decided to take it back to bare copper, see what it looks like, got rid of most of the paint after hours of sanding and probably breathing lead based dust :roll: . Then :idea: I'll put it on the motor and have a look before spending the rest of the night sanding, done. Wife walks into shed looks and says "that looks prettier than black" :shock: ( no disrespect meant to those who have polished brass tanks some of the photos I have seen look great). Anyway before I spend next weekend sanding the dents what do you think? Brass or painted? I can't make up my bloody mind. found a tiller arm that was painted black and sanded it back also and the collar for the exhaust is bronze but cover in the dreaded silver paint
every day is an adventure with this one. This is my first resto that's why I ............
20160724_115500_resized.jpg
20160724_142123_resized.jpg
Attachments
20160724_144510_resized.jpg
Collector Inspector

Re: Need an opinion

Post by Collector Inspector »

:lol:

Just do what seems right..........

That was no good in helping I know aye.

Sorry

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

My first Seagull was an LLS with a brass tank. It was the bare brass tank that lead me to buy it!

My everyday gull (yeah right!) is an AD with bare brass round tank.

Go brass 8)
tambikerboy

Post by tambikerboy »

Do a mick jagger on it with mother's little helper....and blame it on the fumes :lol: :lol: then you'll be mellow yellow...
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Still trying

Post by Still trying »

I like that one Tam. How about a picture of Mick Jagger on it followed by “”Start Me Up”” :lol:
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

for me a black tank with new transfers. beautiful :lol:
the animals are winding me up