102 plus fuel tank.

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

StephenRT

102 plus fuel tank.

Post by StephenRT »

I’ve just spent the last hour or so lead loading the dents in my fuel tank,most of which are where the support brackets (part 1304 in the parts list) make contact with the tank,and can’t help thinking that this method of mounting seems flawed.
The support brackets are bound to be pulled into the tank when the fixing straps are tightened,even with a rubber strip interposed,and since the straps only rely on friction to grip the support brackets they have to be fairly tight to prevent rotation of the tank.
Obviously this system makes for easy and rapid tank removal but surely a better idea would be for the support brackets to be fixed to the outside face of the straps.
Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this?

On a related subject, all the original 102 tanks that I’ve seen have a British Seagull decal where the seagull is white and the lettering gold.On mine the seagull is also gold in colour which is a bit puzzling.Its definitely an original transfer,the tank is long range,could this be the reason?
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I'd love to see a photo of that decal!

If you have one, maybe John would put it on his site. There are very few good 'White Seagull' decals around, and yours sounds rather nice.