trolley

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

ollyboy11

trolley

Post by ollyboy11 »

g'day gang, peter here from hervey bay in qld

i'm a new chum as far as seagulls go although i bought a new one back in the 80s and i've had boats most of my life.

i recently bought a seagull espc 179 ff0 and i'm in the process of doing her up

i want to make a trolley to put the motor on to work on and store also i should be able to put a container of water under the motor so as to run the it

what i need is plans, drawings, photos, anything to give me an idea of how to go about it. i think it needs to be well balanced, that's about all i have

so any help or advice is welcome

thanks peter
Collector Inspector

Re: trolley

Post by Collector Inspector »

Peter

Easy thing is to get something like this....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OUTBOARD-TRO ... 1438.l2649

Most marine dealers or chandlers have them as well. Splash out a bit more for the 4 wheel version as placing a tub of water is easier.

Good luck and remember PICS!

We love pics aye.

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
ollyboy11

Post by ollyboy11 »

hey bnc, mate if i wanted easy i wouldn't have bought a seagull :lol: i made one which cost me the the cost of the wheels and axle the rest of the stuff, i had here. i'd post a pic if i knew how to do it
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

When you reply to a post/start a thread you will see a tab below yr text box labelled Attachments.

Click on it and follow the instructions.

Just like copy paste?

Cheers

BnC (Bruce)
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
ollyboy11

Post by ollyboy11 »

SDC16116.JPG
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I've seen outboards moved about using a simple sack truck, quite an effective method.
pat777

Post by pat777 »

This thread was double posted, here is a link to previous discussion on the subject.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6324

It came out looking well in the end Peter, Nice to have a one of a kind trolley that you've made yourself.

You just need the plastic end caps for the steel box section to finish it off! My local steel yard sells them, so I presume it is something that most steel yards stock.

I presume given the colour of the HT lead that it has been replaced at some stage. Did you replace it yourself?

How did the connection work out inside the flywheel? I thought it was not possible to replace the ht lead on that particular model. (I could well be mistaken though.)
ollyboy11

Post by ollyboy11 »

g'day, yeah, i don't know what happened with the double posting.

thanks on the trolly, i don't know if i can be bothered with the end caps, you can get them at the hardware.

i had to replace the lead because in John's words " it's been got at "

i didn't know you couldn't change the lead, i just took the top off and pulled the old one out and bought a new one the same length and then did some research it turns out that where the lead goes inside there's a little screw gizmo that the lead screws onto.

i had a bit of trouble because the new lead was too big but i got around that, put a bit of silicone around it and screwed it in.

regards, peter
pat777

Post by pat777 »

i didn't know you couldn't change the lead, i just took the top off and pulled the old one out and bought a new one the same length and then did some research it turns out that where the lead goes inside there's a little screw gizmo that the lead screws onto.
Thanks Peter, I thought that model had a sealed ignition unit, it must be a different ignition unit that is sealed and that the lead is not replaceable on.
Does anybody want to chip in which ignition units the leads are easily replaced on and which ones are sealed?
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Wipac MK3 ignitions (which is what you have) can have the lead changed.
Wipac MK4 ignitions (whats on my 1993 ED 102)cannot have the leads changed.

Jacob
pat777

Post by pat777 »

Thanks Jacob.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Do SOS offer an exchange service on CDI coils to replace the HT lead. I recall something like that in the past? Have a word with John.