Ebay

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Keith.P

Re: Ebay

Post by Keith.P »

Yes, its just a way of hiding your details, when it comes to bidding, feedback and other such stuff.
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

headdownarseup wrote:yes, i've often wondered that.
perhaps its a new way of hiding your identity from others.
i scan ebay all the time and i've got to know some of the forum members identities :wink:

jon
I had also observed such things on ebay, not anymore thou. When I see an engine I would like and I feel some of the people here would also like to bid I just send an email for an arrangement. Decision about who would bid or not and that's all. In general I don't have a problem not to bid if the engine goes to the family.
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

This item is worth watching just for the bidding style, HA's comment about it reaching £151 after 15 bids, this gave me the impression that the vendor might have a friend trying to see how high the winning bidder was prepared to go, then the new winning bidder cancelled all his bids, leaving the under bidder at £1 under his maximum £130.

Which in my opinion is ON, OP money, about £50 more than most of us would pay for a good example, just like all other examples of collectable Seagulls, when you add in the cost of a full mechanical/cosmetic restoration you'll be out of pocket when you sell even if you only cost your time at £0.10 an hour.

This is starting to look like a buyer beware item.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Have you noticed the flying seagull and manufacturer decals are visible, but the fuel mixture one is not?
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I didn't spot that, but saying that, it is one of the first decals that start to go on that tank, like the manufacturer's decal is on its way, but you are right, you would expect to see something of the original down the back of the tank.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Private means "Private" in that a bidder or seller listing is "Hidden" from the Hoy Paloy as a matter of being a .............?

Not that I really care except that a "Private" means either a private bidder or seller so no one actually knows what is what.

A private bidder in this case is someone wanting it secret or wanting to up the bids to be withdrawn later.

A fair price for this so far I think.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others