New member etc...

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

sandymac

New member etc...

Post by sandymac »

Hi all, i just stumbled on this site by a quirk of fate! my familys boathire business hired out trad. clinker boats and seagulls since the 2nd war . The boats remain but the seagulls all flew away in 1985. from about 1980 till the demise of the gulls i looked after the fleet as a keen school leaver.... in fact at the age of 20 there was not 1 single detail i didnt know about any postwar gull..... The sos website has brought so many happy(mostly) memories of living with seagull motors for me..
Funnily enough i used to spend many hours as a kid trying to guess the age of our racks of outboards, i see on the sos site a very informative guide to dates etc.
I will now probably have to acqurie some "new" seagulls as a sort of punishment for stumbling onto this forum .....and re-learn all the old tricks for smooth! running.
heres a link to a pic of my only current remaining bit of seagull nostalgia
http://i4.tinypic.com/15fhn6h.jpg

Oh, and what is this serial number? LLS 481 R6 ,just to check i have mastered the dating system!!

cheers, Sandy
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hi Sandy, I reckon you have an old Century, pre 1963, that was reconned at Poole in 1966!

Regards,
John
SOS