Mirror&Seagull

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

PatLNR

Mirror&Seagull

Post by PatLNR »

It's the 50 th birthday of the Mirror.
Mirror and British Seagull make a nice team!

david doyle

Re: Mirror&Seagull

Post by david doyle »

Handsome boat, pretty wife, gull with a clutch............... life is pretty tough for you! Great pics thanks for posting.
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Looks good much better weather than the UK.

My family and I are camping in Saint Cado in August, your pictures make me think I should stick a Seagull in the van and a boat on the roof rack.

H-A
david doyle

Post by david doyle »

H-A, would you really have ever considered leaving home with out a boat?????? I can understand leaving the OB behind but to not have a craft and oars seems like a bit of a Dadding failure......
1650bullet

Post by 1650bullet »

Here is a pic of a mates mirror 16. A very dry boat in choppy water they are. They have a good speed as well.
Attachments
All pics and vids 970 (Medium).jpg
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I like the older boats, never sailed a Mirror, My father in law has a 50's Heron with the gunter rig setup, would be nice day out with a little Gull on the transom.
My 40 year old laser has been mothballed, so any sailing is ether a wineglass (tank of a boat) or a Beneteau first 235, a little more work, but good fun.
Robin Anderson

Post by Robin Anderson »

Enterprise dingy makes another good home for a Gull. Used a 40- and a 40+ on one to great effect when a nipper - very easily driven hull. Turned it into a motorboat after we lost a stay several miles off shore - mast came down like a ton of falling tree, or so it felt at the time. Seagull affliction meant that when I went on holiday I often used to take the 40- with me in the boot of the car - and used it on borrowed boats or hire boats - saves the hassle of towing a dingy or putting one on the roof. Hired a large rowingboat on Lough Erne once - we had to all sit at the stern cause the wee engine would hardly reach the water....
Robin
Pleiades of Birdham
MXWQ5
"Pleiades of Birdham"
MXWQ5