CHOLSEY 2017

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

headdownarseup

Re: CHOLSEY 2017

Post by headdownarseup »

Charles
If you want to come just ask and i'll pick you up on the way through. No worries.
We've 3 cars going in convoy all in the same direction. 20 minutes out of my way is nothing old son.
Ring me tomorrow evening. :P

Jon
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Well, it was a blast folks.
The weather was fantastic, no engine troubles, everything behaved itself.

We had a lovely picnic lunch outside Sheridan sitting in the shade. The surprise was that Jeremy turned up out of the blue :shock: . A-J was very pleased to see him, as was i. There was some trepidation as to how A-J was going to get on and off the boat, but we needn't have worried as there was plenty of muscle power on hand (me and my mate John) All went smoothly and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Boat went well with its current modifications to the engine mount and under Osprey power. My model 90 took a back seat all day just in case.
Jeremy's small dinghy that i borrowed was powered by the EGF i built from spare parts and ran faultlessly all day. The boys were pleased as punch with it.
Photo's coming soon when i get them. :P

So, is it worth me organising next years outing then, or are we doing our own thing from now on?
Open invitation as always.

Jon
allegra

Post by allegra »

Hello all

Just lost my post...

Thank you so much Jon, Belinda, Big John, Kate, Adam, Callum and Jeremy for all that was done to make this day happen. It was worth every minute.

We had such a wonderful and promising day for Adrian who despite the trepidation, managed with teamwork to survive and have heaps of fun. Yes, he did become very tired about mid afternoon after an early start for him, despite arriving at near lunch time to the launch site.

We missed any others that for one reason or another were not able to make the trip, but we will look forward to future events together.

If someone advises how to post an image, I'll do so this evening.

Cheers y'all. Allegra and AJ
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

Many thanks Jon for arranging spending your holiday around me to give Allegra and me pleasure of getting on the water again. Very disappointed in the low turn out as I had hoped to meet a few of you once again even if it was only at Sheriden's or the pub for a pint. great to catch up with Jeremery though! charles was missing as were many others. jon's mate John provided the muscle to help get me on board. I was reminded of the 60's hit 'big bad john' saving trapped miners . as I would drown in 12 inches of water I was very frightened but all was well and I soon settled down on board for a try at steering such a natural thing for me, every thing from a 350000 ton tanker through a congested oil field to its moorings designed and layer under my management. although i knew what the problem was i was unable to compensate for the strong prop walk which dragged the stern to starboard giving the boat a slow turn to port. prop walk is essential for berthing and picking up a mooring and when we know, the prop rotation steering is all about feel and smooth adjustments to turn the natural turn into a razor straight wake. simple I have done it naturally since I was a small child. The Osprey we were using on Jon's heavy day cabin cruiser did work perfectly and had ample power to push the boat at close to maximum displacement speed.

Allegra has pics but hasn't figured out how to attach, please help her out.

Cheers, AJ
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

A-J, Allegra, you're more than welcome. It's my pleasure.I'm glad you both enjoyed it :P
Just a shame there wasn't more of the SOS members. There's always next year i suppose.

Jon
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Adrian Dale wrote: Allegra has pics but hasn't figured out how to attach, please help her out. Cheers, AJ
At the bottom of the post that you are writing is a tab saying "attachments". Tap that and a box says "Add files", tap that and then a menu of your puta files come up to which you search to find your photos and double tap. Sometimes you have to try a few times for them to download. You can also drag photos into the post similar to an email.

I'm in Shock :shock: :shock: Renewed my UK passport. Sent documentation to HM passport office in Liverpool UK from Sydney, Australia and my new passport arrived back in Sydney 10 working days from the day I sent. Bluudy amazing, so fast. How long does it take if you live in England? Good to see I'm still a UK citizen too. I might pop over soon. What is the hippie culture like over there?
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Passports take about the same amount of time to renew over here, approx. 10-14 days. I've got to renew mine quite soon as well :roll:
As for the hippie culture there's a few groups around here in Bristol but i'd reckon they'd call themselves something other than hippies nowadays.
(university students mostly, but they seem to dress the same and behave the same :lol: )

Jon