Yes, it's Christmas....

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Buzzook

Yes, it's Christmas....

Post by Buzzook »

As that time of year rolls ever closer, I thought I'd get the Christmas Wishes out of the way.....one less thing to worry about!

So here's wishing one and all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)
Attachments
Xmas_Card_front.jpg
Xmas_Card_inside.jpg
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Collector Inspector

Re: Yes, it's Christmas....

Post by Collector Inspector »

Same to you, all the best!

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

We had the first snow today. 8)

Time to play with Land Rovers not Seagulls.

This is a picture of last year
small snow trees.jpg
Hope we get a load more this year.

Got any in Canada yet?

Or anywhere else in the world.

H-A
woodbutchergraham

Post by woodbutchergraham »

Non in Grimsby UK yet. But i hear Scotland has some !
Happy Christmas to all
Life is what you make it, and what you make could change your life.
phil

Post by phil »

Merry Christmas to all from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Had 15cm snow, Nov.23, stayed 4 days. Ground bare since. 10 C today.

Unusually mild fall, warmer fall weather over the last 10-15 years.
atoyot

Post by atoyot »

I'd like to wish all the very best of the Christmas season as well, and offer the following for your collective amusement:

From us (“the wishors”) to you (“hereinafter called the wishee”):
Please accept without obligation, explicit or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions.
Please also accept, under aforesaid waiver of obligation on your part, our best wishes for a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of this calendar year of the Common Era, but with due respect for the calendars of all cultures or sects, and for the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting you acknowledge that:
This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal at the wishor’s discretion.
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
This greeting implies no warranty on the part of the wishors to fulfill these wishes, nor any ability of the wishors to do so, merely a beneficent hope on the part of the wishors that they in fact occur.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishors.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.
Any references in this greeting to “the Lord”, “Father Christmas”, “Our Saviour”, or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
- Prof. Peter Drucker
PAULT50

Post by PAULT50 »

Atoyot if you come over here and talk like that you'll be standing on the top steps of Stormont within weeks, in fact i would employ you to write out a charter for a new beginning for our wee island. A very merry christmas and a safe and sporting new year to all , from the Peoples Republic of Ulster.
atoyot

Post by atoyot »

Thanks so much, though I can't take credit for that. It's chiefly one of those email letters that circulates about, this time of year. A very happy - and safe - Christmas to all!
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
- Prof. Peter Drucker
skyetoyman

Post by skyetoyman »

Isle of Skye -- this day last year.
terry_w_F7[1].jpg
LLS c 1961 on a crescent 42 boat c 1980 + wspcl c 1976 + 102 SD8561 c 1944 + 102 ACR 1948
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

LOL!!!

Ted it's easy to see that piece was written by someone in the northern hemisphere.... "winter solstice" indeed!!

To be properly PC it would have to read "celebration of the mid-season non-Hemisphere-specific solstice holiday".....

Although we have had a mild summer Down Under thus far, January is promising to be 30degC ++.

The only way we get to see a 'white' Christmas is to attend an Aryan Brotherhood Lodge meeting!

And the only 'snow' we're likely to see is that $300/gm South American nose-candy....... :lol: :lol:

[Reminds me of a joke: Feller talking to another about drugs and young people says, "I once tried snorting that coke stuff - but the bubbles nearly took the back of my head off..!!"] :mrgreen: :lol:
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
atoyot

Post by atoyot »

Hey, thanks! I needed that. Temps here have been around 5 to 10c, not terrible so far.

As I continue to plagiarize that work, i'll add that change. Enjoy your summer!

- Ted
- Prof. Peter Drucker
bychance

Post by bychance »

xmas_forecast.jpg
Here is what we have to look forward to.........
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Blimey! I was in Cairo last week, and it was a nice 22 degrees during the day. Thought that was a treat for this time of year!
PAULT50

Post by PAULT50 »

Lucky sods, our weather forcast only goes till friday, no one could find a tall enough ladder to see whats coming after that.
Attachments
19122011231.jpg
Robin Anderson

Re: Yes, it's Operating Seagulls in low temperatures time

Post by Robin Anderson »

The old Seagull manual had a section entitled "Operating Seagull engines in low temperatures" which I have felt an obligation ton comply with every year since 1973 so sod the snow - winter Seagulling is the business, although a snug mother ship to repair to for tea and stickies after beach and bathing does help.
Have a good one,

Robin
Pleiades of Birdham
MXWQ5
"Pleiades of Birdham"
MXWQ5