Service Provider Problems

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Service Provider Problems

Post by Charles uk »

The SOS forum & web site are currently having major service provider problems, it appears they might well have gone bust, not the best time of the year to deal with this type of problem.

Please be patient while John & the technical crew try to sort this, & if you can post, keep going.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Collector Inspector

Re: Service Provider Problems

Post by Collector Inspector »

Thanks for that........anything to do with North Korea having ISP problems?

Just a joke in the face of a New Year break with

NO S O S ?

I am not logging out just in case........

G'luck Dudes!

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello all,

we are upgrading the system to a new faster server with more bells and Whistles.

It is supposed to be a seamless transfer, but I have seen seamless transfers before. I have already lost the forum on my sailing club site today, which was not supposed to be happening till after the SOS site was done, and my Woodland site died last week and has to be reloaded next week, not too much of a problem there, small site and anyway trees are slow growing so bet no one notices!

hope SOS will be safe and secure for many years to come!

Have a peaceful Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

John
SOS
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Happy New year everyone!

the changeover was not quite as seamless as we hoped and Peter the webmaster is still working on a few of the glitches, like the missing avatars!

Also the map on the Identifier page and we will also get the counter back. if you spot any other problems, do post here or e-mail me. with any luck all with be back to normal very shortly, then we have another trick up our sleeve.

As we have been hacked once or twice, the host server is installing a security device, not only to deter, but also the track, trace and prosecute, that, I am looking forward to!

Looking forward to a Great 2015!

Regards,
John
SOS
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Hi John, It's good to see everything back up and running. I too am on the forum (At least looking) everyday. It's a great friendly forum and a credit to you. Many thanks for keeping it going 8) A happy new year to yourself and all seagull fans.
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello all, see the Avatars are up and running aginn, except mine?? very odd that!

Peter investigating.

apart from the counter, all appears to be working well again. It has been a little nervewraking taking the site down and having it reload, but Peter has it covered. We look forward to a long association with the new website host and the extra protetion they can give the pages.

a happy new year to all our visitors and members,

Happy Seagulling in 2015.
john
SOS
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Peter has been working his magic. my avatar is back!

Just a counter to go now and a few odd pages we have found with missing links, and we are all done!

John
SOS
pat777

Electric outboard with Seagull leg (Youtube links problem)

Post by pat777 »

Not sure if it's just my computer but the youtube clips are not showing up on the forum, all I'm seeing is a lot of blank blue space. Can anyone else confirm if the youtube clips are showing properly for them? Below are links to a couple of clips of a seagull outboard leg converted to electric power. Anyway not sure if this is a problem caused by the Service provider problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0UITj4E9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-mgO-Eaq0

Further evidence of "blue space" instead of youtube clips.

viewtopic.php?t=4711
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Actually I think this is the first time I've seen videos embedded in the site, works fine for me
1965 40 - 1990 55 - 1954 - Little Forty -1986 EF
pat777

Post by pat777 »

Thanks flyguy, must be something wrong on this end so, I checked the site on my smartphone too and the same problem occurred, just a lot of blank space where the youtube clips used to show up.
pat777

Post by pat777 »

Solved the problem somewhat (just need to sort it out now on google chrome too), by logging in with Internet explorer rather than google chrome, clips didn't show up initially but then I got a request for allowing a flash player or something and all back up and running. Thanks for the help.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/f ... _reference