I Am A Bad Dad!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

I Am A Bad Dad!

Post by Collector Inspector »

Absolutely aghast at what I did this Sunday............You know how you look after Old Dears yes.

They should be on a rack Yes.

Then you have one that did a run on a river completely cool..................out of the car in the dark and lean it against whatever is handy in the shed after............. :oops:

Sunday, great day just getting into winter and sorting out a client and his problems. All very good until moving past the propped up unattended Gull that did such a stirliing job of being a little guy on the back of a big boat for 1/2 a day.

As I passed I must have disturbed the air as a resounding, no bounce from concrete sound sickening as it was....SJP2497 did a marvelous job of missing everything that may have slowed the inevitable progress to the floor..................

It was a bad moment.

A sound that will stay with me for a long time.

Not the tank.

Not the Tiller or the carby.........................NO

Direct hit flywheel and the most delicate of casting around coil pickup area go figure that................I am sure the Old Sod did this just to wake me up aye!

Flywheel did not turn at all when I picked it up..........I thought the worst. Locked solid.

Pics below. Sorted today Monday...........................had a day off from work just to sort this. How could anyone NOT have a Butchers Hook!

I applied some gentle screwdriver via hammer adjustments, another flywheel and some by hand file work all good. Crankshaft is OK..................an hour setting up a mag base and dial indicator on coil plate...... 8)

The repair is neat and tidy. It now has a 1960 flywheel so that will go with the replacement barrel "That is Not Correct Year".....see original post aye.

I used a "In The World" plate in the short term to give SJP2497 some confidence that I hold it in some regard after being a dick.

1st time ever this has happened to C.I. :oops:

20150420_143523.jpg
20042015060.jpg
20042015064.jpg
By the way......The Old Thing did run very nicely as mentioned on large boat.

Check the plug aye!
20042015067.jpg
Me Bad

B[/color]
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others