The Marston Register Wish List.

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

The Marston Register Wish List.

Post by Charles uk »

The Marston Register is not only a list of all the Marston Seagulls known to be in captivity.

But also supports three other databases :-

The Marston Wish list,
Which is a list of all the members who have expressed an interest in ending up as the custodian of a Marston Seagull, without the aggravation of
stalking the auction sites.
Often I get contacted by existing members when they decide to pass on their treasures or get contacted by new boys who've found one in their
garage & want to learn what they've got, in which case I put them in contact with the name on the top of the wish list for that model.
I try to avoid getting involved with any of the negotiations if possible.

The Marston Spares Wish list,
Which is just a list of members looking for a specific spare or spare parts.

The Marston Parts database,
Just a list of members with surplus bits in their sheds, it would be tragic if no-one knew & your widow just binned them, when you could make
someone's day.

So if you'd like to own or restore an English outboard that's over 80 years old call or email me with your contact details & the model wanted, in the last 12 months we've help at least 6 find new homes.

If you've got got an un restorable Marston we might know someone whose been looking for those parts for years & who will cross your palm with silver.
Failing that just let us know what you've got, someone might be looking for one next summer.

Or let us know just what your looking for & your name's on the list.

There isn't a Marston model that I haven't worked on, so tech support is only an email & a phone call away during this hibernation season!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Horsley-Anarak

Re: The Marston Register Wish List.

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I am looking for an ON gearbox if there are any about, just need the ali part as my skeg is a little corroded.

Also could do with a prop retaining nut for an OA.

Also need coil cheek retaining screws for an OA.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I think I have the coil cheek retaining screws, let me check and I'll let you know. If I recall I got some from villiers parts.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I've got a couple of new bayonet caps available, with replica (Dummy) air valves. £32 each. The cap breathes through a small hole in the diapragm.
Attachments
IMG_2247.JPG
IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

H-A, isn’t it funny that some ON’s suffered corrosion on the Skeg!
Early SD’s had the same gearbox casings with the oil nipples on the starboard side but I’m not sure when they stopped being made from Birmabrite.

The screws are still available new, cheap and cheerful.
Attachments
A9B8AE98-FCDF-4352-8932-E1177FAB11BD.jpeg
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Charles, you’ve been a top man and really helped me on this Marston Journey and for that I cannot thank you enough, I have some Marston spares that I am unlikely to need and in reality I’ve got several motors which are really beyond repair even though the thought of breaking a motor goes against the grain, if it helps members to find obscure parts to complete a project or several projects all the better, I’m hoping other members may dig deep and be realistic which will really make the Marston Motor and parts wish list work, I may even find some parts that I’ve been searching around for years for.

Charles I’ll send you a PM with a list and details.

My apology Charles if this increases your workload.