Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Rob Ripley

Water pump rotor

Post by Rob Ripley »

Are there different sizes ?
Solent-seagulls

Re: Water pump rotor

Post by Solent-seagulls »

althouigh they have 40/1372s and 100p/1372 on them its not as easy as you would think the 40 was for the 40's and the 100p was for the century's but oh no as far as i can make out the 40/1372s is for the unclutched gearbox and the 100p is suitable for all using a clutch gearbox
handyman902

Post by handyman902 »

Hi, new guy here, also wondering on the possible size differences and clearances. I have just bought a 40+ that won’t pump water. I checked that the passages were clear and at the time I didn’t have any knowledge of recommendations to remove the prop. Anyway when removing the lower gear box the rotor came out in 3 pieces.
I found someone who can 3d print one by measuring mine. Has anyone tried this? It will cost less than customs and shipping to get and may be an avenue to procure more as I’m sure that supplies are limited.
Does anyone know the tolerance of the rotor or clearance to the sides of the casing?

Thanks in advance
handyman902

Post by handyman902 »

Solent-seagull, I’ve heard/read of the different uses for part number applications. Do you know of any physical differences between the rotors for different models? Is the shaft size different r is the clearance for the rotors different in different models?
The guy has made one for measuring. I’m going to bring the shaft and try to see the fit by weeks end.
handyman902

Post by handyman902 »

Here is the new printed rotor (white) and the original (with glue holding it together).
Any opinions on this?
Attachments
DE34EFC9-13FF-4087-88F6-7CE4EB250DC0.jpeg
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Not knowing the print mix...give it try aye?

BnS
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others