New Member Saying Hello

Please post comments, suggestions and articles for inclusion in The Guide here... they will be reviewed by the team and used to build up The Guide itself

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Davy

New Member Saying Hello

Post by Davy »

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would introduce myself, say hello and give you a bit of my Seagull story so far!

I inherited a boat and a Seagull Model 75 from my Grandfather a few years ago and have had a couple of fine summers pottering around on the sea in front of my house. The boat is a Cresent 42 which the Gull pushes along very nicely! I believe another forum member has the very same boat.

Anyhow... I decided it was time to clean up the engine a bit and started with the fuel tank (only because it was closest to me :) ). It turns out that the many layers of paint my grandfather had applied was about the only thing holding the fuel in!! So the hunt began for another tank. To try and wrap this story up, I am now the proud owner of another two Seagulls :D
One is a Forty Plus MK2, belonged to the previous owners father, the gentleman said he couldn't remember it ever running - but after a few nights in the shed and a wee bit of a strip down it fired right up, amazing.
The other is something else altogether and I think I may have to leave that for the Help section of this forum.

Apologies for writing so much, I got a bit carried away!

Cheers for now,

Davy
Davy

Re: New Member Saying Hello

Post by Davy »

They don't look pretty, but they run lovely!
They don't look pretty, but they run lovely!
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Looking good Davy. Post any issues you have or any more photos in the main section of the forum, we are always keen to help.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Thanks Oyster, I will do. We will see what problems/questions present themselves once I get them both on the boat and out on the sea!

Davy