Newbie from Suffolk

Please post comments, suggestions and articles for inclusion in The Guide here... they will be reviewed by the team and used to build up The Guide itself

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

chaldon3
Re: Newbie from Suffolk

Post by chaldon3 »

off topic a little could you post a pic of your Yorkshire cobble, my favourite work boat.
stick your gull in the photo and we are back on topic. regards garry :mrgreen:
the animals are winding me up
rdy416

Post by rdy416 »

I don't have any pics of the outboard on the boat but here's the boat the day we put it in the water. She had sat for two years in my father inlaws old garden she was put in the water because we were moving and didn't have anywhere to keep her.

And here's the boat where we keep her. She will be coming out of the water in the next week or so for some repairs and some modifications and a good clean and tart up :D ready for her new.

Owner I.e me lol father inlaw has just bought a little 13ft Arran boat clinker design the same as the cobble but just more useable than the coble.
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

great pics it sits perfect in the water.
just some thing about the shape of the hull.
2015-09-02 19.01.10.jpg
the animals are winding me up
rdy416

Post by rdy416 »

Yeh it's a nice little boat needs a bit of work to get it up to scratch but we had a bit of fun out on it last year.

Could be up for sale quiet possibly with the century as well as my father inlaw has bought a smaller boat and a new outboard so why I'm sinking money into this forty I don't know but will keep you all posted on that one.

Anyway back to the forty I now have it running although it's a bit of a pig to start but have a strange issue of it not pumping water.

I've stripped the gearbox off the impeller is intact and I've blasted a air gun up the pick up pipe and air comes out the drain hole in the head so it is clear. I've also tried back flushing the head which seemed to be successful but it still won't pump water.

I've just bought a new impeller to try to see if that makes any difference. If not does anyone have any ideas please.