Password updates

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

andrew
Site Admin

Password updates

Post by andrew »

Hi all,

It is possible that some username/password combinations for the forum were compromised at some point in the past. I was given a generic notice that they may be available somewhere on the dark web. I have no further details at this time.

The forum content is free and public, so it would not be a direct target. If any usernames/passwords were indeed compromised, the primary value to the bad guys would be the passwords in combination with the email address linked to your account. Even this should only be a problem in the unlikely case that you use the same password for the forum as you do for your email, which nobody would ever do, right??

Please remember it is always good hygiene to use different passwords for every website you use, and never use your email password anywhere else!

I encourage everyone to change their password at their next login. I have also turned on a feature that requires a password change every 12 months on the forum, which will help negate this type of issue in the future.

I will update this post if/when I get any more information.

As John would say, stay safe out there it's not a drill!

Cheers,
Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Password updates

Post by andrew »

FYI, here are some screenshots to help you get to the change password page, it's 3 clicks from any page on the forum.

You can click the pictures to enlarge.
password1.png
password2.png
After selecting Edit Account Settings you will be on the password reset page.

Any questions just ask.
Andrew