SD parts

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

RickUK

Re: SD parts

Post by RickUK »

Just a comment on re-plating of SD legs - I had two or three done where I requested dull zinc- if 'zinc' only is specified, the end results will be the bight zinc as is seen on modern nuts and bolts etc.
I'm not sure how the dull finish was achieved - it would be a different plating solution to the modern stuff, but plating on non-polished surface would help achieve a matte finish.

Galvanising - whilst still zinc - would tend to leave a heavier deposit, probably with the mottled finish associated with lamp posts and buckets (can you still buy galvanised buckets?)
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I've seen a few that look like they could even be dipped in zinc?
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Good input Rick. I've been contemplating about what to do re-refinishing of drive tubes. I wouldn't have thought about asking for "dull" zinc. Not sure if l will go down HA's method of replacing tube and if l did would SS plate well or should l stick to steel? Yet to reach a decision.

Jacob, that would still leave me one short though l'm rather partial to the brass bayonet one, not original notwithstanding!

Wasn't Meghan's dress amazing! And l like the Queen's glass backed limo. Was that a Bentley or Roller? I even shed a tear during the ceremony. Don't tell anyone. Sook. :oops:
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Hugs, at least 2 years ago I posted pictures of a Seagull technical report basically explaining why stainless steel was not suitable for use as drive shaft tubes.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I can't find that post but did find that SS fractures. Good, I'll stay away from it. That will keep the cost down.
fleetingcontact

Post by fleetingcontact »

I found the post but the attachments are no longer available. Hey Charles, how about you re-post it please?
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Post up the link to the old post even though the pics are missing Please.
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?