102 Plus Long Shaft Wanted in Ireland

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

daydreamingdave

102 Plus Long Shaft Wanted in Ireland

Post by daydreamingdave »

Happy New Year to everyone.
At the end of last year my better half persuaded me to part with my collection of outboards. They ranged from a 1969 Chrysler 9.9 to an 80s Yamaha 8 and included two seagulls and a box of spares from several other seagulls. They all (6 in total) went to the Malahide Sea Scouts just north of Dubln. Hopefully some of them will get the bug / disease of fixing old outboards.

My plan is to buy a modern -new even!- out board to push my self made 17ft clicker open fishing boat.

However, I am after a second engine as a backup.

It needs to be long shaft and I have decided a 102 plus is the one.

I will do a full restore on it, so that it not only looks fabulous but it will run when needed.

The catch is that I live in Ireland. I can collect it from anywhere but the cost of shipping from the UK is prohibitive.

Does anyone know of one for sale?

Thank you.

PS I have been offered a 102 long shaft, not the plus. What are the differences?
doctorbob

Re: 102 Plus Long Shaft Wanted in Ireland

Post by doctorbob »

hello it is one is fixed drive ,the plus model has a clutch
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Re: "At the end of last year my better half persuaded me to part with my collection of outboards... They all (6 in total) went to the Malahide Sea Scouts just north of Dubln."

Cripes...

I'd have kept the outboards and given my better half to the Malahide Sea Scouts.

C
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

I'd have kept the outboards and given my better half to the Malahide Sea Scouts.

:lol: :lol:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Well I'm glad you find my observation so amusing.

But I should hardly need to point out that a misjudgment of such magnitude as that made by the OP is no laughing matter.

Mind you, none of us are infallible. When I tried to part-exchange my better half for a 2kw generator, the seller put the price up.

C
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

There are 3 basic models of the Seagull 102.

1, 12:30 reduction clutch drive. with a 9" to 10" diameter, 2, 3 or 4 bladed prop.

2, 12:30 reduction fixed drive, with a 9" to 10" diameter, 2, 3, or 4 bladed prop.

3 12:48 reduction clutch drive, with a 13" diameter, 3 or 4 bladed prop, known as the 102 plus, nicknamed "the barge pusher".

You choice is probably right if yours is timber clinker, a lightweight GRP clinker might be within a 12:30 102's ability.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.