SOS Retro Seagull poster and Notelets

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

John@sos

SOS Retro Seagull poster and Notelets

Post by John@sos »

Hello All,

just in time for your Christmas wish list, I have taken delivery of a stock of posters I have had reproduced. These are 24 x 10 inch approx and sell for £10.00, posted in a tube. UK £3.50 over seas £5.50

For some reason the right hand side of the poster does not show here, but a peek at the parts for sale page on the site will show it in full.

In addition I have sets of 5 notlets of the same scene, without envelopes, (fits a standard envelope!)£5.00 P&P UK £1.50 over seas £4.50.

I am reliably informed Ikea sell a frame that is a perfect fit, but have not plucked up the courage to visit Ikea yet!

Hope you like them,

Regards,
John
SOS
Hugz

Re: SOS Retro Seagull poster and Notelets

Post by Hugz »

Hi John

Nice poster. I would've probably added it to my next order except I'm not in favour of SOS and website at base. Hope you take my comment as constructive criticism and I can fully understand the marketing reason. :D

Cheers Hugo.

My favourite if you can get copyright:

Just did a search on the artist on Wik:

David Cobb was born in 1921. He is a marine artist and served as President of the Royal Society of Marine Artists. In the early 1940s, he served as 1st Lieutenant in the Atlantic convoys. Between 1943-45, he commanded MTBs, working in the North Sea. David Cobb began his painting career at Newlyn and has since worked in the Sussex village of Itchenor (where he lived for some years) until he moved to live near Brockenhurst in the New Forest in the 1950s.[1] He lived with his wife, Jean, until she died in 2008

Seems as if he is still alive. 89 though. Might have some interesting info on seagulls if somebody would like to have a chat with him. Anyone near the new forest?
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Not the Bumboatmen of the Caribbean. Huggy :D

Is that chap driving the boat with his right hand. I thought that a seagull was designed to be driven with the left hand?

H-A
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Brown man's burden I guess.

There is also one describing gull's as: "Mariner's maids of all work"

cute.

http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/no ... 20down.jpg

John@sos

Post by John@sos »

[quote="Hugz"]Hi John

not in favour of SOS and website at base. Cheers Hugo.

quote]

Hello Hugo, now what have I done to upset you, selling too cheaply? Too honest with people re garding values? Do not under stand your comment at all. Pleases feel free to use my forum, but if you are going to put derogatory comments on here, please justify them.

John
SOS
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Wasn't meant to be derogatory at all John. Just thought having a puta address on it detracts from the marvellous period piece that it is. Sorry you took offence. Price is more than fine!

Cheers Hugo.
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello Hugo,
Understood now, thought there was more to the comment. I have the flu and am ony working on half a cylinder at the present! thought you meant you did not like my website and.. nOh nevermind ca'nt think stright.....Duuuuhhhh

Only done like that to prevent the other sharks ripping it off! (not that it would deter them that much).

Cheers,
John
SOS

Going back to bed..........
cumbrian seagulls

Post by cumbrian seagulls »

the brown mans burden is that available in poster form please. Id like for my xmas please :) Can you email me on victoriana.present@googlemail.com with regards sorting out payment delivery for it or phone either 01461 202920 or 01228 409544 please cheers john much oblidged :)
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello there,

always best if you mail me direct as I get all mail, do not always see notes on the forum for days or weeks sometimes..

Sorry only got the one poster or the harbour scene, as per the spares page.

Regards,
John
SOS