FVP SPARES

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

seagull101

FVP SPARES

Post by seagull101 »

Hi all,

Have this very sad and knackered FVP here. It’s not worth fixing so I’m going to break it. Most of the powerhead is destroyed, wrong gearbox but I have the right one in bits. Correct smaller carb, good ignition, good prop, round tank. Let me know what your needing. Can post parts anywhere.
Attachments
67E41C10-A0E7-461A-AB6C-8A946EB152C7.jpeg
tambikeboy

Re: FVP SPARES

Post by tambikeboy »

Seen worse young man .when it's gone it's gone....wouldn't you like to sort it I'm sure between members it could be possible :twisted:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Complete too, shame to break it. What’s wrong with it?
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Hi Jacob,
Is that FVP5959?
Yes, I agree it is a shame to split it, but I am reluctant to persuade somebody to spend time and money rebuilding an early 40.
In an ideal world every early 40 would be rebuilt and used. I have done my bit in that direction! But realistically that is not going to happen. Perhaps emphasis ought to be on the very early F and FVs. How many people are sitting on an F or an FV and not progressing their restoration and use? I am guilty of that.

However, if you are going to split it, I would be interested in acquiring the engine support lug.

Jeremy
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Hi Jacob,
Sometimes it is best to concentrate on fewer projects. I wish I could learn that lesson!
Getting rid of unwanted spares is probably a good idea. I presume that LS crankcase assy is yours? I hope it goes to a good home.
There are a couple of bits off FVP5959 that i would like (only if you are going to split it). They are the bronze water pump rotor and the transom bracket - is it complte with the security bar?

Jeremy
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

it needs a block, head and cases. Not worth fixing.

Jeremy, Engine lug, and pump housing are all yours, PM me.

Transom is cracked sadly but still has the security bar and the cotton reels if your interested?

Jacob