Gorgeous SD

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

lodgey62

Gorgeous SD

Post by lodgey62 »

Right then,my 1942ish SD could be up for grabs,it's a beautiful machine but the fact is that I'm never going to use it and I'm mid restoration of a 1976 250 yamaha which is taking all my time and spare cash so something may go,if you look in the general section then it's about 19th down.Hugo informed me that it's the 6th oldest on one
the register.
It will need to be picked up from Halifax, West Yorkshire. I've been offered £350 from a boat dealer so I'll leave it open on here for a week and whoever submits the best offer by next weekend will have it,it will come with the extras listed.
I will be sad to see it go but like my wife tells me,I can't keep everything.
No one want it?
Last edited by lodgey62 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles uk

Re: Gorgeous SD

Post by Charles uk »

Can we see some pictures, is it a runner?
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

Look at the general section about 19 down for pictures and yes it runs beautifully.
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

lodgey62 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm Look at the general section about 19 down for pictures and yes it runs beautifully.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6845
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I looked at those but weren't they taken when you first got it, you must have done something to it since then.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

When I got it ,it didn't run,the timing was miles out,sorted that,stripped and cleaned the carb and petrol tank,gave it a good clean as it had been covered in grease prior to being laid up and I've left it in its original unmolested condition.
It's a beautiful machine, I'd put it in our house but my wife has a different thought on that matter.