British Seagull Outboard Engine Servicing - Essex

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

British Seagull Outboard Engine Servicing - Essex

Post by Guest »

Engines Dunn used to service your British Seagull for you, not any more seemingly....
John@sos

Re: British Seagull Outboard Engine Servicing - Essex

Post by John@sos »

Sadly after complaints re slowness, (not quality of workmanship) and price hikes, i have now serious reservations about Simon.

The last straw was waiting 3 months for him to correct the new prop shaft for my cruiser, that despite giving him the old one to copy, he made in the wrong size, 25mm instead of one inch, so it would not fit either motor coupling nor rope stripper on prop. 3 months to sort it I considered excessive in the extreeme.

I have had several people now complain that a job quoted for verbally had escallated to the extent it was ridiculous and they abandoned their motors with him. not good for the customer or the engineer.

I have added a caveat to the website page...

At the moment I can only tell you there is the guy in Leeds, not heard any bad vibes about him!

(the Classic Seagull man in Bromsgrove and lattery Cornwall, has also been removed after numerous very serious complaints.)

Seems Seagulls are now more DIY motors than ever!

John
SOS
fleetingcontact

Post by fleetingcontact »

Classic Seagulls gets every order - ervery single order - wrong. And when you express the mildest of discontents, gets very humpty and then ignores you from then on. Also, did anyone see the pile of crap he was asking money for on Ebay lately?
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Sadly I am still getting complaints weekly re this guy and it does not do Seagulls reputaion any credit..

On the up side once anyone has had dealings with him and then finds me, I have another customer for life!

The Caveat must apply, Buyer Beware.

Regards,
John
SOS