Waikato River race article

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Buzzook

Waikato River race article

Post by Buzzook »

Probably shouldn't be blowing my own trumpet, but, ahh, what they heck! :) :)

http://www.afloat.com.au/afloat-magazin ... _the_World

Pls, note, pics are a mix of 2011 and previous races (thanks Pirate Pete!) which is how both Bruce and Charles got in there!

Enjoy
Mark
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Hugz

Re: Waikato River race article

Post by Hugz »

Beginning to warm to the idea. Howabout bringing your new found friends here??? Yo! Love to see them support John, the messiah of Seagulls.

Hugz.........
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.....

...besides, there are too many whinging bloody Poms on this site, for some reason...... ;) *

But having said that, the Oz Seagull List now numbers 42!! Not bad for a standing start, I reckon.

C'mon Hugz, Myall Lakes is not so far from Sydney, and I now have a Croweater willing to travel over from Adelaide for the Gathering in January......

[ * seriously tongue in cheek - we do love you mad Pommy bastards, you know :) After all, where and who, would we be without your lot? ]
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Well, I would like to bring some of my more unusual gulls and would be wary of leaving them in my van for a few days. I'll decide closer to the time 8)
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

Fair point.

If you're not yet on the email group list (not??) then you would maybe not know that we have decided to ditch the idea of a 'boat access only' campsite as being too difficult, and because one member couldn't come unless he was able to bring his camper trailer, plus the issue of security.

So the van would be in sight, apart from when you were on the water, and even then some people may still be in camp, and with other campers nearby......should be pretty safe.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Keeps us posted here old chap! I'm very guarded with my email addy and never check my bogus ones... :D