SOS has a Forty Plus Longshaft for sale, unused!

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

John@sos

SOS has a Forty Plus Longshaft for sale, unused!

Post by John@sos »

Yes this is an unused Forty Plus Longshaft.

It has been varnished from new, I have not attempted to respray or paint it. It has the origional 8 Com plug and the old Bakalite cap and lead with suppressor.

This could be a collectors motor, I have not even put fuel in the tank! It has a spark and is fitted with a Bing Carb, so will run on 25:1 mix. If anyone wanted a classic Seagull for a high transom dinghy up to 14 or 15 ft long, or even as a standby on a larger boat, I will throw in a modern lead and cap!

See pics on the main SOS site. It is virtually unmarked!

£350.00

John
SOS
Last edited by John@sos on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjansen

Nice 40

Post by tjansen »

I am a first generation Norwegian in Denver Colorado USA. My dad is from Lista Norway, Mom's folks from Mandal. I am looking for a small Seagul for my 13 foot light weight Grumman canoe. Your 40 looks and sounds great. Would it work or is it to long??? What would the $375 british be in American and would you ship. I note you don't think much of shipping? I can understand.. Maybe you would keep me in mind as you come on motors.. I am willing to pay $500 + and shipping for one in shape like this.. There was one on Ebay a year ago for $450 like new and I kick myself for not seeing it before bidding was over..
LOVE YOUR SITE!!!
Tom Jansen
1944 Tee Lane
Castle Rock, Co. 80104
USA :D
Trying to catch more fish than the Wife!!!
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello Tom,

This is a longshaft so is not suitable for your canoe anyway..

I have had to put off several buyers from the States for the same reason.. couriers!

No matter what expense and trouble I have gone to, they often end up with damage.

I am aware this limits my market to those in the UK who can arrange to collect, but it does ensure the motors are fit for purpose when they arrive!

Sorry to dissapoint.

Regards,
John
SOS
tjansen

Thoughts on shipping.

Post by tjansen »

Thanks for the reply and I guess I will not dream about it again tonight..
I have shipped some things after wrapping them in plastic wrap then putting them in a box or making a box . Then I go to the store and buy this spray foam for insulation. Spray a couple cans in the box in several holes and it hardens up great!! Wa La you get a hardened cast like around the item.. You may want to try it.. I could be your first try if you can find me a motor fit for the canoe. :D By the way I do blueprinting of Remington rifles if you happen to want to trade some gunsmithing for your GREAT motors. http://sgyrifles.com/main.html Hope you enjoyed your week in the boat. Being 100% NOrwegian you wouldn't think I would get sea sick 90% of the time I go out. Thank God for Trans Derm Scoop patches...
Later
Tom
Duane A.

Seagull search in USA

Post by Duane A. »

Tom,
Are looking for a Seagull that’s already in good shape here in America? If so check with Frank Valentino at Birdland of Cape Cod ( Seagull508 at AOL.com ). He has been rebuilding and selling Seagulls for years. I just talked with him on the phone and he may have a motor that will work for you. Good Luck on your search.
tjansen

In states Seagull

Post by tjansen »

Thanks I emailed him. Looks like I am getting a good onefrom California but ya never know till it pushes ys down the lake...
Tom
richardvaltos
Post by richardvaltos »

I have an unused silver century plus longshaft. Is it wrong to use it do you think? I haven't even run it yet. Has original 8com plug etc. etc. Believe it or not it was an ebay purchase, for £100 before the classic boats article!
John@sos

Re the FPL for Sale

Post by John@sos »

Sorry folks, but it has sold, just had another 2 enquiries too. I was waiting till I had the money in before I amended the page.

I may have another available, EFPCL, a slightly later one, will let you know when the gentleman who has first option, has made up his mind...

Regards,
John
SOS
John@sos

Electronic FPC for Sale

Post by John@sos »

I still have the EFPC for sale, but it too is a long shaft, so limited number of applications for it. I am in no hurry to sell it, the right person with the right boat will come along in due course I suspect! It is as new, as you can see on the For Sale page on the site.

Regards,
John
SOS