ROTOMOULDED POLYETHLENE BOATS...ANY FEEDBACK ?

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Horsley-Anarak

Re: ROTOMOULDED POLYETHLENE BOATS...ANY FEEDBACK ?

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

How much is it ? £1000.00 :o

Looks a bit short, I am working on my long "quick and cheap use it for a few years is great" boat at the moment :wink:

You can make lots of boat for £1000.00 even if you use Epoxy.

H-A
woodbutchergraham

Post by woodbutchergraham »

Rotomoulded boats are supposed to be virtually indestructible, no painting, no maintenance, don’t rot. Just featureless can’t change the colour. Closer affinity to bathtubs than boats but it one way of geting out on the water.
Oh and wecome back to the mother country Manifold.
Life is what you make it, and what you make could change your life.
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

If you mounted a Seagull on a rotomoulded PE hull it would be like crossing over to the darkside.

Might as well mount a Paysun 4-stroke on the transom and have done with it.

Not the 'ethos' of the Seagull......... :) :)

And I'd like to see you repair the PE boat hull that was punched against the canal wall by a ferry or drifter.

Still, at least it's making use of old PE Coke bottles..........that should not have been sold in the first place.

What part of reduce, re-use, (and only then) recycle, do these plastic mongerers not understand.

Seagull. Still going strong after 50-some years, largely unchanged in design philosophy, content or context. Reduce consumption (no changes, no new models). Re-use (multiple owners, spare parts available everywhere), old Seagulls now becoming collectible and recycled for PROFIT!!!! Whatever will they think of next! :) :)

Be interesting to see how many PE boat hulls are still "going strong" in 50 years time. :) :)
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Manifold

I'll wager that my Seagull boat powered by a Seagull with all the seats full, will be faster than your indestructible boat with it's maximum load & powered by your 25 hp!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

You've misread the terms of my wager,

My boat with all the seats full, so that's one person as only 1 seat.