British Anzanis for sale

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

British Anzanis for sale

Post by charlesp »

If you check out:

http://www.britishanzani.com/classic-anzani.asp

You will see that soon 'new old stock' Super Single British Anzani outboards will be offered for sale. These are a large consignment discovered, I understand, in a Far Eastern warehouse.

Dating from the seventies, the motors will be supported by handbooks and spares.

It'll be interesting to see how much the company charges for these, and how many will sell.

There's an article, I'm told, in one of this month's boating magazines that covers the story of the find.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

And I have just discovered:

They'll be available this month

They'll be about £455

They include:

Original Tools
Packing Case
Handbook
1 year warranty.

Gosh!
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hello Charles - As much as I enjoy old outboards - and I can well understand the attraction of having an old/new one from a hidden cache, I won't be fighting for a Super Single. I had a couple of these at one time - loads of vibration and noise - the exhaust is a cylinder under the petrol tank - and no idea if they are cooling or not. Water is drawn through the engine by a vacuum set up by the prop, which dictates a sealed system with no telltale.
As the cylinder head faces forward, it is possible to brighten up life by putting a toe or similar on the end of the sparkplug occasionally. Rick