British seagull at the cinéma!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

bobbybob

British seagull at the cinéma!

Post by bobbybob »

ALAIN RESNAIS ( french director, died this week-end !)
In " mon oncle d'Amérique"
At the beginning of the film ,I see a british seagull !!!
8) 8)

Havé you another example???
;-)
pat777

Re: British seagull at the cinéma!

Post by pat777 »

I'm sure most seagull owners will be familiar with the scene from "The talented Mr. Ripley" 1999. As I didn't own a seagull when I first saw the film, I had no appreciation for the starring role played by the outboard in question. The seagull in question is by no means in the background and is very much noticeable. I wonder where it is now? I'd say it must be worth a few bob, I certainly wouldn't mind owning it. Can anyone tell me what model it is or any other information about it's role in the film?

Thanks Pat

BEWARE: This is a somewhat gruesome YouTube clip (Murder Scene) of the Seagull in The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Silver century with long range fuel tank? Even sounded correct. Good to see brothers bonding whilst out boating.
weddigen

Post by weddigen »

Is the Motor in the film the correct article for the time(1955)? It has the steel Fuel tank-should it not be the Brass type? :?: Or am I wrong?
chris

Post by chris »

you are quite right, I think that motor was a 70's model
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Equally non-authentic, and extraordinarily unexpected, was the appearance of a Forty Plus (or Featherweight) in last night's re-run of an 'Allo 'Allo episode - one where what looked like most of the cast were afloat in small boats on some French river.

Naturally the German Officer concerned (can't remember his name) couldn't start the thing; iot was that familiar sound of a Seagull being turned over without the desired result that caused me to look up from the iPad on which Current Primary Woman and myself were having a Scrabble battle...