Unblocking water jackets/cooling systems

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

bigoink

Unblocking water jackets/cooling systems

Post by bigoink »

A few years ago i discovered a product called "corro-dip" (i have no connection with the firm that make it) Its mixed with water to activate. Rusty objects are 'dunked in it for 24hrs or so and come out of the bath , rust free. It gets down all the passageways , nooks and crannies that you cant reach with a blaster or mechanical means : It doesnt harm paintwork or plastics / rubber etc. .......and doesnt have the destructive qualities of blasting or mechanical rust removal. After the object has been 'dunked ' .....all that is necessary is a scrub with warm water and when dry , a coat of paint/ preservative....... No doubt they will have a website somewhere.
Swami

Post by Swami »

Here's a link. Check it out. Could be what all we old seagullers need ....... for the motors, that is .... but also maybe for those rusty body joints! Just a few litres in the evening bath! Looks like it is an Aussie product but could be available worldwide.

http://www.liquideng.com.au/corrodip.html
orso

Post by orso »

http://www.liquideng.com.au/corrodip.html
Many e chemicals company have (with different commercial names) similar product.
Personally I run seagulls in a tank filled with descaling fluid for household heating systems and then flush them in a fresh water tank, it solves almost all water cyrculation problems, and is also preventive(done at least once a year) as this descalers leave a "no stick" residue that prevents fast ancrustation.
I use CRC rust remover, theat is equivalent to corrodip, just different brand (it works also against salt and calcium carbonare scaling un the cylinder water jaket) only in desperate cases.
Grat on rusty leg, but you have to wash and brush it thoroughly before going to he chroming shop, or the chroming job will not come out fine.

Best wishes from an italian seaguller